Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Another Haley update...

So, I received the "official" denial letter from the insurance company. They won't pay for her formula because "it is not being administered through a feeding tube". SO DUMB! Troy wants to appeal it. I don't know what the point is, but he can try, if he likes...I don't have time to deal with it.

I decided to take Haley to an allergist. I haven't started feeding her normal food, and so before I did, I thought it might be a good idea. So, we went today. My insurance wouldn't cover it, and I had to pay $167 out of pocket. It turns out, she's not allergic to anything! NOPE, not even milk...hmmm...the doc said that just because she isn't allergic to it, doesn't mean she's not intolerant of it...wierd...so, back to nowhere, I guess...The allergy test was sad. I had to hold her so that they could poke these things in her back. So, she was crying, and kept looking up at me, I'm sure wondering why on earth I would let someone do that to her. It was so sad...She came home, and fell asleep. Kristin must have snuck in her room, because when I went to check on her, I found these stuffed animals...sweet girl...

Notice Haley's thigh...it's getting chubby...

As for the rest of the kids, Kyle has a few weeks left of school. Jake is going on a field trip to Thanksgiving Point farm tomorrow. Kristin starts preschool July 25th. She's so excited...I can't believe she's that old! All the kids are in swimming lessons now. It's great, because they all go at the same time, but are in the level appropriate classes. I'll have to take a picture on Friday. The boys are doing so great! Kristin will hopefully get there...

3 comments:

Memory said...

Poor, sweet girl. I hated the allergy test...had to lay on my hands. I'm sure it was probably worse for you than for Haley, though. Yikes! I think Troy should appeal if for no other reason than principle. Glad all of the kids are doing well.

Pricilla said...

wow you are a busy mommy. How do you do it all? I want to get swimm lessons for my kids really bad. I am loving the chub thigh. Way to go! I had Dallin's blood tested for allergies at a homeopathic doctor. That was very interesting because it figures out what foods cause the body's immune system to fight instead of accept it.

Bethany said...

Sad! I have to take Dallin in a couple of weeks. So far we know he's allergic to nuts, all nuts, and since he's covered in a constant rash we figured we had better get him tested to see what else. We even have the epi-pen thingies. I am not looking forward to that appointment now.