Saturday, January 23, 2010

The month of December..

I know, I haven't blogged for awhile. I had Lasik Surgery a week ago. I have had some complications which have made my week insane. I am hopeful for a full recovery, but wish I could determine the time table. Excuse my typos...I thought I'd update the blog of things we did the month of December...it's long...here goes...as I was typing the above, Jake just lost another tooth. He now only has 7 teeth on the top of his mouth. Kristin has 12...if that puts it into perspective. We saw "The Tooth Fairy" today, so he's excited for the tooth fairy to come.

So...back to December.
First off...our microwave broke. It was torture going 3 weeks without one. This is how we melted butter one afternoon...

We got our tree up and decorated. This year, I let the kids decorate, and I didn't even go behind them and 'fix' the tree.


We made Gingerbread houses with our friends. Then, I went and helped Kristin's class make some. Next year, I am gluing graham crackers to boxes before we decorate.




Cherice and I worked hard and made some friend gifts. I took this photo of the Oquirrh Mountain Temple and we made prints and we even made all the frames ourselves. We gave them to close friends and family. We made 26 total. It was definitely a labor of love.

Saw Santa. This should be a blog post in itself. When I get around to writing the mall an email, I will post it on here. Santa was a COMPLETE jerk. You weren't allowed to take your own photos with Santa, yet the cheapest package was $25. The Elves went on a break when we got there, so I snapped away anyways. The Santa noticed and proceeded to be a big jerk to the kids...stating he had a copyright on Santa. Seriously? Not on your life. The mall is so stupid. Shouldn't Santa be the 'ploy' to get people to the mall to buy things at their stores? I am more than happy to pay $5 to take my own photo. Bottom line is...Santa, should be nice to the kids ALWAYS...regardless of anything else...



This is our third year in a row going to see the Nutcracker with my mom. We go just the girls, and eat lunch at a nice restaurant before the show. Kristin loves EVERY second of this. Next year, I think we will go to a different play. I'm sick of the Nutcracker.



Christmas Eve is spent eating lunch with my family, and then opening presents. Followed with a PJ party with Troy's family. My grandma came down to eat with us on Christmas Eve. Then we opened presents. We should have warned her, but something we let our kids do every year, is buy presents at the Dollar Store for everyone. They are allowed to pick out whatever they want. I think my grandma got some cleanser, some kitchen utensils, and I can't remember what else. Jason scored 3 bottles of mouth wash...hint? I think so. Anyways, it's a fun tradition. The kids think it's great they can pick ANYTHING the Dollar Store has to offer. They are so excited to wrap and give their gifts.

The Korth PJ Party is just game playing. The kids play, the adults play, and then we go home. We had a great time, and the kids were anxious for Christmas morning...






I think this post is long enough...I will work on a Christmas Day post for later in the week...My eyes are about done for the night...

3 comments:

ManicMandee said...

I can't believe Santa was a jerk! My goodness.

Loved this post. Loved the photos. You are great. Your family is great.
Hope you get all recovered ASAP.

Trisha said...

What a bummer about Santa! He looks so cool too. I hope your kids weren't too disappointed.

Tycksen Family said...

Lol about the blow dryer and butter...a stove works great too :) LOL

Your pictures are always amazing and I hope that your eye gets better fast. That is funny what Bishop said.