Tuesday, September 07, 2010

KidsK

Two days after my triathlon, my friend decided she would do a KidsK. The kids basically ran around this park 3 times - which equaled just a little over a mile. After the run, the kids then did a relay. 3 kids to a team, each running once around the park, then exchanging a bandana...I really wanted my kids to do something like this - especially since they had just seen me finish my triathlon. Before we left we talked about how some things are hard - but that you should never give up. They didn't get up, and finished the race. The shocking part was that Haley ran a mile in 15 min. 32 seconds. She beat many a 9 year old! She had her sandals on and just kept running. I was so proud of her. The other kids her age stopped running after the first lap. It was a HUGE success. I want to orchestrate a bike/run race for the kids. Maybe in the spring. Parents helped out, brought fruit and popcicles. Thanks to Heidi for organizing this...here are some photos from the event...poor kids, it was literally 97 degrees at 7:30 pm when they raced...even more reason to be proud!On your marks...get set...GO!
I loved this photo...they were stretching before the race!

Everytime they would finish a lap, a parent would put a sticker on their bib number. That way we could keep track of how many times each kid had gone around.

Look at that girl...I am so proud of her! I still am so amazed at what she has accomplished. I will have to start taking her running with me!

Nice red face....
The handoff! Kyle's relay team got first place, and Jake and Kristin's team got second.

Until next year...

1 comments:

Nurse Heidi said...

Love these pics, especially of Hailey and Katie stretching together. Thanks for joining us!