Monday, March 02, 2009

Jake's tooth...

A few weeks ago, Jake was playing with his 11 year old cousin. They were wrestling - like all boy cousins do (at least in this family). I don't know what happened, but when we got home Jake informed us that he had a new loose tooth. His top front tooth. Well, within days it was turning blueish, and was hanging down lower than the others...it looked like this:
and it was driving me crazy!

He had been wiggling and wiggling it, and finally asked me to pull it out. I pull out the kids teeth with my Grandpa Peterson's old hanky. He used to carry around clean hankies in case anyone was in need of a tooth pulling. When he died, that was the one thing I wanted of his...just a few hankies. So, my kids go pull them out of my special drawer and bring me a hanky when they feel it is time.

Well, I pulled, and pulled on that stinking tooth, and it did not want to come out! It was hanging down so much lower than it used to, I couldn't figure it out. Finally a day later, I got it out. I felt really bad, because there was almost as much root left on the tooth as the actual tooth...looks like he's going to be toothless for quite some time.

So, this is how he looks now. I told him he looks like the crazy old southern man that just got kicked off the Amazing Race last week...pretty sure the amount of teeth they have in their mouth is the same...

0 comments: