Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Bear Lake

We went to Bear Lake for the annual Korth reunion. I have to be honest - I didn't take many pictures. I am really picky when it comes to where I take out my camera - and since we camped out at the beach for most of the day - I didn't take my camera out...BUT...here are a few photos I did get...first off...my favorite one...


hmmmm...oh wait - I think I may have a few photos from my phone...yep...here they are! Excuse the quality...





Okay, now a list of things that happened, that were not captured on film...at least by me...
1. Doug (Troy's Dad) wrestling Troy's (stoned, drunk, who knows...ODD) cousin - in the sand.
2. Beau, Becca, and I swam out to the Buouy - which was FAR away this year - at 7:45 am. It was cold and has cured me of EVER wanting to race in open water like that. I did fine. It was hard to actually swim the way I was supposed to, but I was able to breast stroke when I needed to. It was too cold, and I was hyperventilating too much to do it the correct way. I was proud of myself though...
3. The mosquitos...billions this year...
4. My kids all got 1 ride out on the waverunner.
5. Our friends from VA - got to have the Korth Experience...hopefully they survived.
6. Slept in a tent for the 6th time this summer...I think that's a record for me...
7. We came home Saturday night which was GREAT! It gave us all Sunday to recoop.
8. We read Book#1 of Harry Potter out loud to the kids on the drive to and fro. We won't let our kids see any of the movies until they read the books. (regardless of the rating - unless of course it is 'R'). We figure once you see the movies, why would they go back and read the book. We got to watch the movie that went with it Sunday evening, and I was happy to hear my kids all say how the book was better! YEAH! We're halfway through book #2 now.
9. Happy to see my Corbett croonies that I have missed since the wedding in VA.
10. Kristin waking up in the morning completely bawling because I didn't bring her any "cute" clothes to wear. SHEESH! HELLO! WE ARE CAMPING! She cried for 15 minutes before she 'succombed' to wearing my ugly outfits.
11. Honestly, there has got to be more...just blocking it all out...Donnarae and Jon - definitely missed you guys this year.

2 comments:

delilas said...

Thanks for sharing you pic and thought on the reunion. My kids had a great time. Abby survived and thought DJ was hilarious. Thanks to everyone taking care of them. Your phone pictures are great too.

Doug said...

and I pinned him!