Monday, February 08, 2010

Middle of Nowhere, NV

So, as most of you know, I took the kids and headed to Vegas for a few days. In the morning, I am headed home. We are going to the Planetarium tomorrow night. It has been a super fun trip! Erin and I took some newborn photos together. They can be seen here. Today, we took the kids to take their photos. It was a new location we wanted to try out. We got a little lost on the way out there. Let me tell you, this GEM of a place was in the middle of nowhere. I don't know how the FEW people survive living out there. Here are some photos I took. Beware...HUGE overload!

First, are the photos of all the kids together, as well as with their Fonnesbeck Friends. They had fun, except for when we were taking pictures. They naturally feel that is torture. And naturally, I don't care. I LOVE them all. My favorites have to be the reflection in the puddle one, and the shadow one.











Here are photos of the kids individually. I have the most of Kristin, of course. She is always the one ready and willing for photos.









6 comments:

Drae said...

Jen, you are seriously so good at what you do!! I am constantly amazed by how you can take a run down looking place and make it amazing and beautiful! It doesn't hurt that your kids are so cute and photogenic either. :) I'm not sure if you're still planning on trying to make it out here, but if you are, let's talk. I hope you know that I would love it, but I know it's not a convenient situation, so if you can't, it's ok. You and Erin should make a "business" trip out of it. You know.... to take pictures in Chicago.
:)

Kassey said...

Jen - loved the newborn pic! When my baby comes, oh by the way we are pregnant, I want to do a session. With the whole family. so plan sometime the first of Aug. I know it is so far away but I just want you to pencil me in so I have a spot after the baby s born!

Allisun said...

LOVE IT! You are the BEST photographer. I'm with Donnarae, you can make a great shoot anywhere. I love the reflection one. You should win money for that. I wish I had the words to tell you how fantastic your talent is. You truely amaze me.

Erin Fonnesbeck said...

This really was such a great day. Fantastic shots!

Penny said...

Ok seriously Jen - you are AMAZING! Not to let it go to your head or anything, but do you realize just how great a photographer you are?? Your kids are going to have these treasures and love them when they are bigger. How do you choose what pictures to print, display, keep, etc???

Also, you need to start Kristin in modeling. She is a natural and cute enough to boot. Actually all your kids are. Come to think of it - you should start sending your pictures in for stuff like that. You're amazing!

Worth the drive - that's what I say.

Trisha said...

Your pictures amaze me! I love that little Kristin and her sassy poses for the camera. She is a doll.