Thursday, February 04, 2010

Off Track...

I hate my kids being off-track. I have decided to put them on a waiting list for a charter school near me, for that reason alone. The charter school is a traditional school. No other politics...my kids don't hate their school now, I just can't stand the track schedules...

Anyways, since my kids have been off (it's only been 1 week, out of 3) we have done the following:

-I let each of them pick a friend and we went to the dollar theatre and saw Rocket Boy, or something...I don't remember...
-Classic Skating. It's this old roller rink that has evolved and allows kids to take their scooters in and has blow up slides and stuff. They even have laser tag that one of my YW got us into for free. It costs $7.50 per kid, so it's kinda pricey. The bonus, was that they asked me a few questions and gave me passes to go back for free. So, next week we will go back. We were there for 3 hours, and the kids had a blast. I had fun playing my first game of laser tag. Don't worry, I won.
-Swimming at Murray Pool. This was awesome. They are pretty lenient with the rules, and my girls went down the big slide on their own. Haley I 'tricked' into doing it, and Kristin went down over and over by herself.
-Building Forts. Ughhh...every mom groans at the thought of kids making a fort...well, my kids made one and I told them they could sleep in it. You would be amazed at how long they can get along without fighting when they are busy building a fort. Here is a photo I snapped of them afer they fell asleep...Jake was hiding somewhere under the blankets...

For those of you wondering, I decided against Disneyland...for now. Reason being: we would only be able to go on rides Haley could go on. Which, aren't very many. I think we will just renew our passes, and go in April or May. I will just take them out of school.

We are... going to Las Vegas! We are going to hang out with the Fonnesbeck's and just let the kids play, and of course go to some new locations in Vegas for a photo shoot! Troy will stay home and work, and I will take the kids - we will just be gone for a few days, but that is long enough to enjoy warmer weather and allow the kids to play outside!

Next week we are going to the Planetarium and back to Classic...so hopefully I will survive this off-track time...

1 comments:

Doug said...

Allisun has taken the Owens kids to the Gale center in South Jordan and she had to force them to leave when it was time to go. Perhaps you could try that.