Friday, January 05, 2007

Haley update...

Okay, Haley weighed in today. She was a whopping 7 lbs. 10 oz.!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YEA!!!!!! The doctor asked if he could give me a hug, he was so excited! Apparently, he was really worried...So, the prognosis: She has a milk protein allergy. The difference between that and lactose intolerant is that Haley can't digest milk protein while people who are lactose intolerant can't process milk sugar. So, I am going completely off of dairy so that I can nurse her. The alternative is EXPENSIVE formula, so I have to at least give it a try. It's actually my second day off of dairy. It sucks. I'm pretty much hungry all day(great New Year's diet, huh?). Yesterday I lived off of ritz crackers and water. (My fault...not too many groceries still...with moving, Christmas, and hospital...no time) Today I am just realizing there's really nothing to eat. No butter, milk, sour cream, cheese, etc. I can't even substitute it with soy, because soy has the same type of proteins. So, bring on the dairy free recipes! Well, just wanted to give everyone an update...off to bed!

0 comments: