Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Haley's Blessing

Haley's blessing was on Sunday. Here she is in her dress, that completely drowned her! My mom made the dress, and Kristin wore it. My mom made it to match my wedding dress. I want to frame it and put it in my girl's room. We had the blessing in Kenny and Cherice's ward, since our church's start at the same time and they were blessing little Makenna. Troy was so nervous (not so much of a public speaker) and could barely breathe during the opening prayer. So many of our friends were showing up, I was so excited! We saw Scotty and his family there (his sister was blessing her baby there too - she's Cherice's next door neighbor), Sam, Marenda, and Addie Brown, Drew and Carrie Stevenson, Justin and Cari Sorensen, Amy Warren, my whole Peterson Family (minus my bro's who are out of the state) and the whole Korth Family - oh, including Grandma and Grandpa Lilya. I am probably forgetting someone...anyways...I was so excited to have so many people come! It really meant so much to us! Here are fellow friends from Oregon. Well, past-Oregonians! I wanted the brunch afterwards to be perfect. I don't know why. I think because it was the first time so many people were going to see my house and I've never had a "blessing party" before. My friend gave me some ideas to decorate with pics of Haley, since it was her day, so I did. I told my sister-in-law, Raquel, that I was Martha Stewart-ing it. I borrowed all of Amy's pampered Chef dishes so it would all match. Anyways, I was quite impressed with myself. I don't normally do things like this. I also had some magnet boards that I put some scrapbook pages of Haley on during the blessing. It was fun! This last picture of Haley, I love. Even though she's flipping the bird. Oh well, kids will be kids, right? Even at 2 months...
Anyways, thanks to all who came! You really made my day! Love you and can't wait to see you again soon!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

What a sweet little princess!! I'm glad everything turned out well and you had so many friends come. I wish I could have been there...I've never been to a blessing day party. Maybe I'll have to throw one for my next kid...except who would I invite??!!

Bethany said...

She's beautiful Jen! I love that blessing dress, I didn't remember it from Kristin's blessing. How neat that you got to have so many people there. Funny that you would say you're Martha Stewarting it because sometimes I say I'm Jen Korthing it!

Dori said...

It looks like everything was so perfect! I love her dress and I love seeing all you ex-oregonians! We miss you all!

jason said...

i sware i didnt teach her that