Wednesday, February 07, 2007

PJ's and the tramp...

The kids got a trampoline from Santa Claus. It's awesome! The past few days, the weather here has been unbelievable. It's gotten to the upper 40's! I'm comparing that to 3 straight weeks of below 30 degree weather. So, it's been sunny, and fairly warm. Well, the boys were jumping on the tramp in the middle of the day in the pj's. (A new trend they've learned from their cousin, Daxton - before we lived here, they wouldn't even wear pj's to bed!) Kristin thought it was a requirement to wear pj's on the tramp, (so now I have even MORE laundry to do!) so they played (happily) outside for about an hour the other day. I loved it! I can't wait until Spring. I know, it will never be here, but I am still waiting!




Here's a picture of what Haley was doing inside with me! She's such a happy girl!

Yesterday, it was my turn to host Kristin's playgroup. We have been telling Kristin it is preschool, only to prevent bickering about "Jake goes to preschool and Kristin doesn't". There are a total of 6 girls. All about 3 years old. They will all be in the same grade in school. When you move, you always hope you move to a place where your kids will find good friends. I hope this group of girls grow up good friends! It was definitely challenging! 6 girls make a lot of hormones! Kyle is off track, so he was "helping" me with the playgroup. The girls were all playing downstairs in the playroom, and Kyle came up to me and said, "Mom, aren't you going to teach them anything? Where's the papers, come on mom, what a waste!" Apparently we didn't feel him in on the playgroup vs. preschool conversation. So, Kyle spent the night at Zacky's house last night, and told Amy how I was a horrible preschool teacher who didn't even teach the girls anything! Hmmm...I wonder what other secrets he divulged...Anyways, here's the girls eating their snack that Kyle prepared: graham crackers and an "inside picnic". Troy and I also went to the temple last night. We did sealings since I'm nursing Haley and weren't gone for more than 1 1/2 hours. It was great! Here, in Utah, you can just show up, and they will use you for sealings. They have 13 sealing rooms at the Jordan River temple, and in the evenings have all rooms full, and every hour they have a new group. Troy's parents work at the Jordan River temple, and tell us that it is the busiest temple in the world. It's busier than the second and third busiest temples combined! I think we've only been to the Jordan River temple once before when the family did sealings before Kenny and Cherice were married (so, over 8 years) so we got a bit lost, and weren't sure where to go. We're good now, we sure were nervous! I love doing sealings. It's my favorite thing at the temple I think. Troy says his favorite is initiatories. Anyways...go to the temple!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh man...you're brave having that many little girls over at once. After a few girls came over a while ago, I've decided girls are too high maintenance and whiny! How fun for them though!

Bethany said...

How fun for Kristin to have so many girls to play dress up and house with. That Kyle is sure a kick in the pants!

Dori said...

I can't wait for warm days to kick the kids outside more...this week they got a few hours and it was great...playing on your old swing, they love it!