Wednesday, May 28, 2008

A Day in the Life...

I got this idea from Beth. This will just serve as a reminder of what my day to day life is all about. Nothing too exciting - just a normal day. Today was actually one of my less busy days. There wasn't anything I HAD to do. Well, after re-reading it, it seems like a busy day, but it really wasn't. I really slacked with my work today too. Oh well, it will still be there in the morning.

5:15 am Alarm goes off. Get out of bed, get dressed, put in a load of laundry and meet Heidi on the corner for our morning walk/run. I'm having knee problems due to having sore hamstrings from pulling weeds, so I have a rough morning.

6:15 am Make myself breakfast and switch the laundry. Make the kids breakfast, get them all dressed, teeth brushed, and check email. Take Kristin's picture in her new hat and flower with a crystal center.

7:45 am Autumn gets dropped off so I can take her to preschool at 9:30. Her mom has a doctor appointment.

8:00 am Leave to pick up Daxton and drop the boys off at school.

8:15 am Arrive at home. Try to clean up breakfast, and switch laundry again. Shower and get dressed.

9:30 am Take the girls to preschool, and head to the new Walmart to grab a few groceries.

10:25 am Put groceries away, and go to Cookie Cutters, to exchange a hat I bought for Kristin.

11:00 am Meet Collette at Chick-fil-a to use our free sandwich coupons and let the boys play on the toys.

11:40 am Arrive home in time to meet Kristin, put Haley down for a nap.

11:45 am Call Erin, and frantically put our order for Making Memories in for the day.

12:00 pm Order is in, try to get a little bit of work done.

12:30 pm Order 14 yards of topsoil that will be delivered tomorrow to fill our raised garden beds. Make Jake and Kristin lunch. I'm too cheap to buy them food at Chick-fil-a, so they got sandwiches at home.

12:45 pm Take Jake to play with Daniel. Buy flowers from Collette (she bought too many flowers, and I needed some more) Kristin wakes up Haley, and gets sent to bed as punishment. Haley usually sleeps for 3 hours, so it's hard to miss out on that time. Kristin has been a pill lately.

2:00 pm Plant flowers. Collette brings Jake home, cause him and Daniel are being mean to the other kids(those two are getting to be little buds - the stinkers).

3:40 pm Figure out that the post office picked up the boxes fed-ex left for me. AUGHHH! Such morons. Get packages ready to take to the post office.

4:15 pm Feeling grouchy. Get the boys into soccer practice gear. Drop Kyle off at soccer, go to post office, retrieve my fed-ex boxes, go to IFA, buy $73 worth of vegetable plants, drop in at Little Ceasar's for a $5 cheese pizza.

5:30 pm Pick Kyle up from soccer, drop Jake off. Head home to get Kyle's mit. Oh wait, it's Daxton's spare, cause Kyle's already lost his.

6:20 pm Go back, pick up Jake. I usually NEVER leave Jake alone at his practice. It's right down the street from my house, but I knew I had to get Kyle's mit, or he would be late for baseball, so I just did it. Well, Jake's practice got out a little early, and when I got there, he seemed a tad worried about where I was. There are 3 people in my ward on his team, and they were all there, but he was still worried. (Another good mother of the year nomination reason)

6:30 pm Drop Kyle off at baseball practice. Head home, help Troy build raised vegetable garden. Shovel about 10 wheelbarrow loads of top soil and horse crap into the raised beds.

7:20 pm Jump in the car to go pick up Kyle.

7:30 pm Arrive home, continue shoveling crap for the garden beds. Boys are helping spread the 'crap' into the garden.

8:30 pm Send kids in to get read for bed. Water my new plants.

8:45 pm Go into house, to find the kids are just watching TV and haven't even started getting ready for bed yet.

9:00 pm Kids are in bed, waiting for their songs (they each get one song at night, that either Troy or I sing to them).

9:30 pm Troy comes in from fixing sprinklers and doing yardwork, and gets in the shower.

10:07 pm Considering running to Smith's for some rice milk for Haley. Feeling way too exhausted to do it. I know I am getting up at 5:15 to run in the morning. Think I'll drive to Smith's after my run in the morning. Better blog, instead...thinking more seriously about diving into bed...gonna do it...goodnight!

3 comments:

Lewyville said...

WOW! If that is one of your less busy days then I am one lazy girl! I would have gone to bed too.

Nurse Heidi said...

But I thought stay at home moms sat around and ate bon bons and watched soaps all day ;)! I feel your pain.

Pricilla said...

Wow, it sounds like life just gets busier as kids get older and have more activities! That is a lot of driving around for one day. The garden sounds so fun crap and all.