Monday, February 02, 2009

A few good finds...for moms...

1. Okay, Kyle's a crappy speller. He really is, he takes after his dad...me on the other hand, was a spelling bee champ! Anyways, I was telling my aunt last night, and she's a 6th grade teacher. She told me about this AWESOME website. Totally free. Anyways, it is: spellingcity.com.

You can register (for free) and put in your kids spelling words. Then, it gives your kids the options of playing games, doing practice tests, EVERYTHING with their spelling words.

I don't know about any of you, but when I am FORCING Kyle to do spelling, it just makes life horrible for the rest of the family. I can't wait for Kyle to come home with his spelling list tonight. I'm really hoping this helps.

2. I love fruit loop necklaces. There have been some crazy cereal sales here lately, so I've stocked up. One morning, Jake and Kristin were bored, and so I found a package of dollar store shoelaces and got out the fruit loops. Using the shoelaces works SO MUCH EASIER than yarn. I promise. It kept them busy for 2 hours! Naturally Kristin had made color patterns with hers, and Jake just put them on as fast as he could, so he could eat them. Kristin's cousin is over now, and they are at it again...I've got to replenish my shoelace supply the next time I'm at the dollar store!

That's it for now...just a few things that have made my life a bit easier the past week...Happy Mothering!

5 comments:

Pricilla said...

That website sounds great. Dallin just had his very first spelling test so that is great timing! Thanks for sharing.

Tycksen Family said...

Jen, thank you, thank you, thank you . I have been looking for ways to help a few of my kiddos with spelling. I can't wait to try this out when they go back on track.. They will be excited when I say, "GO play on the computer for your spelling homework!"

Erin Fonnesbeck said...

GREAT TIPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Off to buy froot loops today! Elyse really needs things like this!!!!

Allisun said...

Can Nora and I come over and make fruit loop neclaces too? We like to do things like that (Nora talks about it all the time) and since Beau is working all the time, we have lots of extra time to make stuff.

delilas said...

Love the new blog look. Bad Spelling is an inherited gene, don't judge us. lol I think I will play spellingcity too. Make up my own spelling words.