Wednesday, February 04, 2009

Out and About...

Today was the first time I've left my house (other than the to and from school routine) in about a week. It felt so good to get ready, put make-up on, and head out! I had a foot Dr. appt - and you'll be glad to know, the piece of bone has fused to the rest of the bone...I don't have to wear my boot and I can start running again in 2 weeks. Thank heavens...I've got to get rid of the extra junk in my trunk. Running seems to be the thing that gets it gone...I've been biking for a few months, and it is just not the same...

Anyways, we are heading to Vegas in a few weeks for the weekend, and I thought for V-Day, I would get my kids new swimming suits. So, I headed to Old Navy. I actually prefer purchasing them this early, because they still have the cute modest girls tankini's in stock. The boys are in desperate need of new jeans, so I got them each a pair. Oh, and a $3 shirt for Troy that I'm certain he will hate. It's a long-sleeved tee for only $3. He can deal with the design, right? (It's really not that bad - it's just NOT BYU) Nothing for me (due to comment above) As I'm checking out the check-out girl, I'm hoping is in college - if not she should really enroll, says to me, "So, how many kids do you have?" She must be noticing all the swimsuits. I tell her 4 - I only have the girls with me - and this is what she says. I'm TOTALLY serious, she really said this:

"So, how is that for you!?"

Seriously, did she really want an answer from me?

So, I said, "It's great." As I gave her an incredulous look. What was I going to say? I hate them all, and especially hate shopping here for them. WOW...the comments that come out of people's mouth.

I also heard this one the other day. I was with a friend who had just had a miscarriage, and we were discussing it in line at the store. Someone overheard the conversation, and this is what they piped in, "Well, at least you won't have a deformed baby." Seriously? I'm SURE that made her feel all better inside. When I had my miscarriage before Haley I HATED when people commented like that. It doesn't make it better. In your head you KNOW the medical benefits/reasons your body miscarries, but it's definitely not comforting. Ever since, I am sure NOT to make stupid comments like that. Bottom line - it sucks and I'm sorry anyone ever has to go through it. So, if you're ever tempted to make a stupid comment, change it to, "I'm sorry, that sucks." Trust me, there is NOTHING you can say to make it better. We actually both laughed about it in the car...but seriously...stupid comments are even better from complete strangers...

Stay tuned...I took a few pics of the girls this morning. It was cold and they didn't want to go outside, so I don't have high hopes...but in case you wanted to see the 2 cutest girls ever tune in later...

3 comments:

ManicMandee said...

Your blog looks all nice and jazzed up. Good job!
I know what you're saying about stupid comments from people. I've have 3 miscarriages. One was pretty late in the pregnancy. Anyhow, people said really really rude things to me!
I have complete strangers ask me quite often if I'm going to have any more children too. Dead serious. I'll tell them, but I'm always surprised they'd ask.

Nurse Heidi said...

"How is that for you?" Seriously?!? Wow. I don't even know what to say to that.

The girls pics came out fantastic, as always!

Pricilla said...

The comments never stop coming do they. The other day I was talking to a friend about that and he said that 4 is the new 8. It is so true! When we were kids 4 wasn't really that different I don't think. Cute girl pics btw.