Sunday, June 07, 2009

Washington DC

I was fortunate enough to go downtown with some girls from high school - Kari and Lisa to eat at Old Ebbitt Grill. It was so much fun! (Kari or Lisa - email me a picture!) Anyways, the Old Ebbitt is located right across from the White House. Lisa (who works for the State Department) got us reservations. Our waiter showed us photos of all the celebrities who have eaten there and talked about how Joe Biden was just here the day before, standing "right there at the bar". Oh good...our tax dollars hard at work drinking at the bar...The food was delicious - and the company even better. I had been wanting to go downtown at night and take photos of the monuments. Wouldn't you know it, my battery died halfway through? I had an extra one in the car - but it was after midnight, and the car was parked too far away...so I bagged it...here are the ones I got! The Washington Monument with the Capitol Building behind it...
The Jefferson Memorial

The FDR Memorial...I didn't even know this existed. I wish I knew it was here. Troy and I would have spent more time around here. These columns (it's hard to tell) have things pressed into the sides of them...odd things, really...it's made for people with disabilities so that they can feel the monument...pretty cool, huh? They also had spectacular quotes all over...

0 comments: