Sunday, June 07, 2009

Week in Review

On Tuesday, Haley got her tonsils and adenoids out, and another set of tubes in her ears. Because of her age, we spent the night in the hospital. Because of all the kids and our crazy lives, Troy and I could not both go to the hospital. So - I went with Haley, while Troy held the fort down at home. I was so glad we did this. The room we were in for the night was tiny, I didn't sleep much, and was so hot, I sweat the entire night...hoping I sweat off a few pounds!

She did pretty good. She is so clingy to me, it's so hard to deal with. I feel like I've been stuck at home for the past week, with a child who just wants me to hold her. Don't get me wrong - sometimes it's nice to just have an excuse to lay on the couch, hold Haley, and watch Dora. I just have so much going on - it's hard for me to enjoy that when I think of all I need to get done. So - I work all morning - and hold her all afternoon. I think that's a good balance.

I found out my kids will be on "D" track next year. That was my first choice - so I am happy. My kids get out of school on July 2. (Yes, July not June) and since they are on D Track, they start again August 17. (The other tracks start again July 27). So, that gives us a more normal summer. Kristin also got into morning kindergarten. That makes me SO happy! One of my favorite people in the ward is also starting a preschool, that I am going to send Haley to. Haley is so excited - she just wants something to do - and since she will just be home with me - it will give her interaction with other kids. So, if anyone's looking for a good preschool, let me know! So, I will be completely kid free on Tues and Thurs mornings! WOW! What am I going to do with myself...yeah right...I have lots to do, although I would like to make one morning a week be swim laps morning...wouldn't that be great? Then I could probably do a mini-triathlon next spring!

My brother and his wife had their first baby on Tuesday! Baby Lucas is here! He looks pretty cute to me. I was going to try and fly there this weekend - but life is to crazy around here to leave Troy with 4 kids - one just having surgery - to fly standby to take photos. I will just have to take some when they are here for the 4th of July. I have to say - my brother cracks me up. All first time parents do. I guess I'm just an old pro now - but I remember being a first time parent...scary...exciting...anal...you know...all that stuff! Michael called me on Friday, and we had a whole conversation about Lucas and the whole time Michael referred to him as "it". I had to remind him he was talking about his child...funny...I can't wait to see them in a few weeks!

I'm sure more happened this last week - but I'm sure it was nothing spectacular. On with the next week, right?

3 comments:

The Thomas Family said...

Luke and I were wondering if you got on the flight or not.we've been thinking about you all weekend. I was relieved to hear it wasn't because you were bumped from the flights.
Sorry to hear of all the chaos though. Sounds like a crazy week.
Congrats on receiving the track you wanted for school. I still think it's crazy Utah does year round school.

Piano Mom said...

I haven't looked at blogs in forever. Love the pictures of your vacation! I can't wait for June to be over...bet you can't either!

The Olson Gang said...

HEY!!! We should have been talking! Sounds like you had a week like us... HOSPITALS (my favorite place to be :) ) .... Crazyness! I wonder if we were there at the same time?!?! We could have had a party! :) Well, I hope this week slows down a little for you and that everyone is on the mends! CAMP IS COMING!!! Aren't you so excited?? I feel jipped... but no-one really cares about that :( ... oh well.... I'm still here to help if you need any help with last minute WHOO-RAS!!! Just call me! OH! Did I mention.... I'm jealous of your vacation(s) :) ... just in case you were wondering ;) HERE'S TO A BETTER WEEK!!!! ENJOY IT!