Wednesday, September 09, 2009

Haley starts preschool!

Yep! Little Haley started preschool last week. She doesn't turn 3 until November, but when every other kid in your family goes to school, it was something she wasy DYING to do. My friend, Jen, started a preschool this year instead of going back to teaching, and I jumped at the chance to have Haley go to her preschool. Her cousin, Makenna goes with her (I don't know yet if that is a good thing or a bad thing...time will tell...those two stinkers...). Haley loves it. It's only 4 hours a week. Just perfect. So, that means, 4 hours of every week, I have time to myself. I am using that time to help in my other kids classes, but I am determined to use that time how I want to...I try to get up early on Tuesdays and Thursdays and get all my stuff done, so that I could take a nap, watch a movie, do a project, or just do what I WANT to do instead of what I HAVE to do...I'm sure you know, that I usually do things I have to do, but it's okay. Here she is. On her first day, she got to color her own tshirt. I tried not to help. I am a firm believer that she should do it on her own...it's not my project, it's hers...I'm totally okay with the outcome! (I did write a 'Y' on the tshirt of one of the stick people, and when Haley brought it home, Kristin commented on how impressed she was that Haley knew how to draw a 'Y' - apparently in our family that is just something you learn at an early age.)


I am leaving for the weekend. It's our first annual girls trip! My girls and I - along with my mom - are headed to the land of sunny beaches and mickey ears! Yep, Disneyland! We are doing whatever my girls want to do. My mom bought them each a princess dress to wear to Disneyland. We can't wait! Stay tuned for fun photos!

3 comments:

The Olson Gang said...

WOW!!! Haley is just really growing up - she was just so.... tiny... not too long ago - right?

Does your mom need another daughter?? How about you - need another daughter??? I'll try really hard to find a princess dress :)

I'm so happy and excited for you!
Can't wait for the pic's...

ENJOY!!! Have a great trip! Let me know if you need another "girl"... :)

ManicMandee said...

Disneyland! No fair! Have fun!

Trisha said...

Can we say HEAVEN? To have four hours to yourself? It's a dream...Haley is a doll.