Saturday, April 23, 2011

Hawaii - Day Seven

I was really excited for today. We had signed up earlier in the week to do a 9:00 am zipline tour. I won't lie - it was pretty pricey, but totally worth every dime! We had local Hawaiian guys, Javid and Tim, as our guides and instructors and they made the whole experience incredible. We rode a 6 wheeled vehicle about 30 minutes up to the top of the mountain, under the canopy of trees, to get started. On the way up, we saw a fire department helicopter (we had noticed it parked at the firehouse earlier that week), and ambulance, and I was getting worried. I was thinking - I have 4 kids at home, what am I doing? Well, it turned out the 8:00 tour driver tipped his vehicle. A lady hurt her wrist - and because of the location, they called in the helicopter. They said it was the first time this had ever happened, and that the driver was a rookie. Well, we kept on, and got to the top of the hill. It was absolutely gorgeous. Ziplining was incredible. I loved every single second. We had fun filming ourselves, doing tricks, and graduating from using the starter/stopper blocks to running and jumping off a cliff. I am so grateful for the chance we had to do this. I would do it again in a heartbeat! Here are some photos and video.







1 comments:

The Peterson Bunch said...

That looks like so much fun!!!!!