Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Dasterdly Duo

Okay, Makenna and Haley are the best of friends. Seriously, they LOVE each other. They are about 3 weeks apart in age. Kenna older. They play pretty well together, unless there is only one stroller between the two of them. They also manage to get into things together too. A few weeks ago, I caught them in the bathroom. They had gone to all the bathrooms for stools, and then managed to play in the water. Oh yeah, did I mention with ALL the measuring cups and spoons from the kitchen drawer?This morning takes the cake though. It was almost as bad as thePurple Paint Catastrophe of 2006. I was downstairs working on the computer. The girls were a mere few feet away, playing in the playroom. Totally normal. Well, since Haley is potty training, she was butt naked. She just can't seem to understand that the panties need to come off. Most times, she sits on the potty, pees, and then realizes her panties are on...anyways, she was playing in the buff (all of you potty training mom's will understand...those who don't...don't judge til you're in my shoes). Well, they both came running to me to show me what they had done...Well, pictures are worth a thousand words, right?
So, at first I thought Haley just had a good time by herself. THEN, she turned around, and I KNEW it was a team effort.It looks like they tried to draw on Makenna, but realized it was MUCH easier to draw on Haley. Those silly girls.
My clean up effort. She still has red markings all over. Uh oh. Why couldn't they have gotten into a blue marker? Someone may think she's a Utah fan.

How come I have a feeling we have many more years of trouble with those two?

9 comments:

Cari Sorensen said...

Wow, that is hilarious, the pictures are adorable and definitely worth a thousand words! Watch out for those two in their teenage years!!

Allisun said...

So cute! I'm sorry you had to deal with the aftermath, but what a great story. It's something we can tease them about for years to come. I'm glad you documented it, just like with Kristin. I hope I remember to take pictures of Nora when she does naughty things. Thanks for the laugh.

Korth Klan said...

I love those two little girls. They are the cutest!!

Tycksen Family said...

Jen-

WOw, that is classic!! And your pictures are fabulous! I love the one in the sink. ANd the purple post...wow. That would make for a not so great day. I had many of those with Dallin at a younger age (and Lauren). I am happy to say they grew out of it! Here's to hoping!

P.S. Love the shower curtain..very cute!

Cherice said...

I love the post. The pictures are priceless. I thought we just had to watch out for the boys getting in trouble. I'm sure there is more to come.

Nurse Heidi said...

Absolutely PRICELESS! (Glad it was you and not me...;P).

Katie said...

She is darling! Too much fun!

Erin Fonnesbeck said...

Such a fabulous picture - the one of haley in the sink.

Brosita said...

Wow- what sneaky girls. That is fun you got pics of it....she will laugh when she is older!