Sunday, October 26, 2008

The week in review...

Oh man...where to start? Last weekend, my parents took all my kids out to Myton - to visit my grandparents. They all had a blast! I'm really sad I didn't get out there. The weather and my schedule just don't cooperate. I may have to take a road trip by myself out there when the kids are off track in a few weeks. I made Kristin promise me that she would give a hug to my grandpa from me, and she swore she did. I miss my grandparents. Seeing them more. Life is too busy, and I know I don't take time for the things that are most important. I'm grateful for my parents for at least doing some of it for me. I'm glad my kids have relationships with my grandparents - I just wish I was there to see it and document it. They took Haley this time. Usually they would take the older kids, but we were in charge of the amazing race for Donnarae, that we asked them to take her too. She's almost 2, and I thought she would love it. She did pretty good, but she's not a fan of animals. Of any kind. Not even tiny newborn kittens. Wonder where she gets that from? I think she likes them from afar, and when they are on a leash - where they can't get her.

The Amazing Race went well. I am glad it is over and I can't wait for the one next year.

I was sick for pretty much the whole week - which really thwarted my exercise/swimming routine. I worked out all of 1 day last week. I'm anxious to get back on the horse this week.

My dad quit his job this week. It's a great story, actually. His work was downsizing, and had to lay off 1 person. The company tried to be fair about who they laid off, so they just chose the last person hired. Which, happened to be a guy supporting his young family. He is friends with my dad, and called my dad the night it happened to tell him. My dad got to thinking, and decided to write his bosses a letter, explaining why it would be beneficial to keep this young guy, and lay off my dad. It's now a done deal. This is my dad's last week of work. Then, he will travel with my mom. I am so happy! My parents are both really happy, this young guy is really happy, and my kids are so happy to think that they get to go walk the dogs with papa all the time now! He was out of town so much before! My kids go off track for pretty much the whole month of November...so, watch out dad...your phone is going to be ringing off the hook!

Haley's potty training has gone pretty good. As of yet, she has not had any pooping accidents (LOUDLY KNOCKING ON WOOD). I was kind of discouraged yesterday. She hasn't gotten the pee exactly down - especially when she has clothes on. I was wondering last night if I should give up. Then...this morning, she went pee by herself - without having to be asked to sit on the potty, or if she had to go - TWICE. I was really sad I had to put a diaper on her for church. So, it has given me hope to go another day. She's just so tiny. The smallest panties they sell are big on her. They're cute...hoping to get a picture in the morning...

We had our Primary Program today. Whew...it's exhausting, and I don't even have to do a lot of the work. The kids were SO WOUND UP for classes, it was almost unbearable. Tonight we went to Raquel's house to carve pumpkins. Which, we didn't carve - our kids wanted to carve their pumpkins at home...but how convenient of our garden to produce 4 pumpkins for us? One for each kid! SWEET! That is tomorrow nights activity...can't wait for the mess!

Gotta get to bed...the gym beckens...

0 comments: