Monday, October 06, 2008

Family Photo Shoot, 2008

Well, it's that time again. Much to everyone's disbelief, we really only get a family photo done once a year. (Although, after President Monson's talk yesterday, we will now :Follow the Prophet - and get them done twice a year!) Erin and I have to plan a vacation - on one side or the other - just in order to get it done. I take their family photos, she takes mine, then we edit our own photos. This year, we decided to do it at The Gateway in downtown SLC.

Our kids were HORRIBLE. Well, really, they had the hardest time ever! Neither of us managed to get a photo where everyone was looking at the camera. Which, in my opinion is fine. I just have to view it as a candid photo shoot. Now that I have that in mind, I LOVE them! I would rather get the real smiles, or laughs, and have those documented than fake smiles. Which, my kids are spectacular at. Too bad that their fake smiles are horrible. I'm really happy to have candid photos. I can't wait to make prints! Thanks Erin! If you want to see ALL of them, you can visit my website: jenkorthphotography.com, go to the proofing section, and the password is: korth. Let me know what you think!

I have to say, I don't think I look all that great in these photos. My butt is still a bit large...BUT (no pun intended) I think EVERYONE should have family photos taken, regardless of whether they think they're too fat, pregnant, post pregnancy, have a rash - whatever. Get them taken! You never know what will happen in life, or when (heaven forbid) it will be your last family photo. Everyone complains about the time, place, clothing, and whatever else to get them taken, but I don't think anyone ever complains once they see the final result (unless you have a crappy photographer). I know my grandma still cherishes the last family photo we have of my dad's side of the family, which, unfortunately was taken back in...oh, I don't know, guessing the early 90's. My grandpa didn't die until 1999, so we should have had a more recent one. Ladies, if you need to convince your husband...it's all about following the prophet...

Here's a sneak peak!






See, isn't that first photo of the boys with real smiles a ton better than their fake smiles in the other photos?

11 comments:

Erin Fonnesbeck said...

Love the hair! Don't forget the booger check trick on your next shoot with boys.

Emily said...

Jen, I found your blog off Penny's--she's been telling me to look at it. You are so GREAT at photography! I so wish you still lived in VA and could take some family pics for me! And, your Amazing Race sounds like a blast--I told Ben I want to do it! Seriously, your kids are adorable...emily gold

Penny said...

I love these. Oh, I still wish you were here to take our family pictures. Of course, you really had to get into all this AFTER you leave us...

Love your pictures!

Drae said...

Love the pictures!!! You all look great, and I love the first picture the best. Very candid and cute. I love your cute little family. I might have to have you do some pictures of Jon and I sometime between now and Feb. Let me know when you're available. :)I'm so glad you did it at the Gateway. Great photo opportunities!See you at the Amazing Race. I will have a count by tonight. Sorry it's taking so long. I haven't had any time to call and finalize. Tonight I will though.

Pricilla said...

Very cute, your family is so gorgeous. I like candids too, it seems like once they turn 4 or 5, they start making the "ugly" smile that is totally fake. Dallin's is bad. I was wondering, how do you present your pictures so big on the blog? I really like that.

Nurse Heidi said...

I think they turned out cute! In the first one, it looks like Kristen is giggling at a joke the boys have going. Perfect.

I agree that you should get pictures taken frequently. Our family treasures the pictures we have of my sister that were taken the day before she was killed in an accident. I don't think I'll ever take that family photo down, even as we take updated ones. The photrapher got some funny candid ones during that session as well that really captured her personality. Priceless.

Unknown said...

You guys look so great! And you look amazing!! Yo are so pretty!! I'm glad Erin could take pictures for you! I can't wait for you to do ours!!!!!

Katie said...

They are darling of course!

Dori said...

Love love love the first one!

Tycksen Family said...

Love them! Love the colors you picked...I love your girls shoes and hat. Really cute!!

Kristin said...

I love the first picture...the candid smiles are always better than the fake ones!