Saturday, October 11, 2008

A Day for Trent

Some of you know Trent, some of you don't....Trent is a little boy that lives down the street from us... He is 8 years old. He is losing his battle with Leukemia after fighting hard for the past 15 months. The following is an excerpt from his blog:

"Thank everyone for everything!! My family and I feel your prayers every minute of the day. We have been having so much fun doing things as a family. I have eaten the fast food I have wanted for so so long. It is good but I only handle a little. I am not in pain and still am making my family laugh. Dad and Grandpa gave me a blessing last night, it was beautiful. I know all will be well. I will not be in anymore pain or hurt, my family will also be ok. I will miss them terribly but they tell me time is different so I will have faith in that. To all my little friends please know I will miss you and await the time I can see you again. I have sure missed playing and having fun with each of you. I know everyone has to work through many feelings but please promise me not to be angry with Heavenly Father. He loves each and everyone of you and knows what is best for each of us. It is in his plan that I return to him, my time is over and I am ready to go. Please know I did not give up I would continue to fight if it was what the Lord wanted please be at peace all will be well. Love you all

Trent"

A Day for Trent

Fund Raiser on Monday, October 13th
For the last 15 months, 8-year-old Trent has been bravely battling AML Leukemia.

To help Trent's family with the tremendous financial burden from medical expenses,
Chick-fil-A of South Jordan will be donating 20% of the day's revenue on
Monday, October 13th to Trent's family.
Cash donations will also be accepted, and anyone making a donation of $10 or more will receive a coupon for a free Chick-fil-A chicken sandwich to be used on their next visit.
In addition, Chick-fil-A of South Jordan will hold a silent auction from 12:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.
Auctioned items have been donated by local businesses and community members.
All proceeds will go to Trent's family.
Please help us in supporting Trent and his family!
Call Chick-fil-A of South Jordan with any questions at (801) 727-2697.

**Southtowne, Ogden & Layton will be giving a % of sales as well,
but only the District Location will have an auction and coupons for donations.


Visit his blog www.trentduval.blogspot.com

1 comments:

Jen said...

Oh, I will be there at 12:45. Come on, it will be a great lunch date!