Thursday, May 07, 2009

So tired...

I am so tired right now. We had a scare tonight. Kristin had a major asthma attack. It was MAJOR. Right after her baseball game tonight she came up to me crying. She told me she didn't know why she was crying, but that she just was. It made me smile inside a little, thinking that yep, she's a girl, she's my girl, and she's quite a bit "Korth". Well, she couldn't stop. Her breathing has been bad for a few days now - I have been giving her nebulizer treatments, and I was actually going to take her to the doc tomorrow morning (ironic, huh). Well, on the way to the car, I called the doctors office, praying that the staff would still be there. They were, and promised they would wait until I got there. I called Troy and had him meet me there. He had to work late and missed baseball, and I had all the kids. He beat me there, paid the co-pay, and then took the other kids home, while Kristin and I rushed in. They met me with a puls/ox machine (that is my word for it) and plugged her finger in. Her puls/ox kept going between 73 and 78!!!!!!!!! That poor sweet girl. She turned 5 on Monday. I have a big post of her birthday I will get on here. She has a little temper and girl stubborness in her - but she's the BEST sister to Haley. And just a sweet heart.
Example: A few weeks ago - Troy had taken the boys to the library, and Jake picked out the book, Brown Bear, Brown Bear. (It basically says: Brown Bear, Brown Bear what do you see? I see a yellow duck looking at me. Then Yellow Duck, Yellow duck, what do you see? etc...) So - Kristin has been reading that book to Haley for about a week. They would sneak it to bed, and Kristin would read it to Haley. Well, Troy took the book back to the library about a week later. Haley BAWLED the whole way home. She was SO sad they took the book back (I might have to go buy it). Well, Kristin asked Haley, do you want me to tell you the story? So, Kristin recited the WHOLE book by memorization - getting every single part correct - to Haley, and Haley stopped crying. Tonight - as she was crying on my lap and I had the nebulizer held up to her nose, I asked her to tell me the Brown Bear story. She did perfectly. It also helped her stop crying. I am SO gonna buy that book tomorrow...

6 comments:

Erin Fonnesbeck said...

Wow! In the 70s is really scary! That is a sweet Brown Bear story. I am glad you wrote that down. Maybe they will keep that bond forever... I hope my girls will. Yes, you need to go buy that book TODAY. Since you probably don't have much else to do today. A trip to Target to buy one book would cost me about $100 though. I am really rambling. :)

Tycksen Family said...

I am so glad she is ok! What a sweet picture I have of your girls at night sharing the story. What a sweetie!

Pricilla said...

That must have been really scary. I would definitely buy that book too! I love it when my kids get so into a book. Right now they love "The monster at the end of this book" with Grover in it.

Katie said...

i hope she is okay.. leanne got mccall that book a couple of years ago, they love it and know it by heart...i love your little girls

Penny said...

Oh Jen - so scarey. Thank heavens for the nebulizer. I am so grateful for the stockpile of nebs that have saved us more than once. Thanks for sharing this - it was good to hear Kristen's way of expressing that she couldn't breathe. It is easy to forget that they don't always know what words to say. Hope she feels better. It is so scarey for them!

laura said...

What is the oxygen number supposed to be? I'm glad she's okay- and such a sweet sister to Haley. Brown Bear is Blake's favorite book too.
Hey- will you tell me one more time what kind of camera you have. Nikon??? I don't know if you read my blog, but our house got broken into and they took both my cameras. Time to buy a new one. And I was trying to remember what you recommended. Anyway, when you get a minute... Thanks.