Saturday, June 11, 2011

More of San Diego...

The next day, we sort of bummed around San Diego. We went to Mission Bay and the little amusement park - Belmont Park. We let all the kids go on one ride, and Kristin talked Grammy into buying Cotton Candy. I'm pretty sure it was Lucas' first time with the stuff - and he loved it!

They had a wave pool next to the ocean that we were trying to peek into to see the practicing surfers. This is probably my favorite photo from the whole trip - and of course, I took it on my phone.

We went to see where Jason lived and oohed and aahed over the view. I guess that's what a master's degree gets you! That, and 4 roommates.
Jason took us to lunch at a pizza place. Hmmmm...what can I say about this pizza place? It was New York Style pizza. It was pretty good. It was an interesting restaurant. If my brothers would like to give their review, they will have to leave a comment. While we were waiting for the pizza, I HAD to snap this photo of Jason with all his nieces and nephews...ughh...once again, on my dumb phone. It kind of blew out the faces a bit. We also hung around the hotel room and swam quite a bit. My kids would have been happy to be in the pool all day!
The last night we were there, we got Spiderman cupcakes for Lucas. They were a HUGE hit!

We said goodbye, and drove the 10 hours it took to get home. We can't wait to see them again in August!

1 comments:

Mike y Maria said...

After the pizza place I made sure to get a few preventative shots and Maria went in for an emergency prenatal blood screening. Luckily Lucas' skin sores cleared up and our gastrointestinal toxicity is back down to normal levels! Unfortunately our Hepatitis will be around for a while. Thanks Jason.