Sunday, June 05, 2011

Six People | Twelve Times


This photo was taken after the whole family ran the 5K for Craig. Troy and Kyle ran together, Jake ran with me, and my mom pushed the girls in the stroller. We are really trying to be an active family. As of late, I have really been thinking about health and exercise and how important it is for me to teach my children to be healthy. Biking, running, hiking, tennis...I really want my kids to grow up active. Troy and I work out together with a trainer twice a week. As well as doing that, I go to the gym 6 days a week. Haley goes with me and does the daycare's program there called, "Kids on the move". Instead of being babysat, they do little exercise classes, stationary bikes, sports, and Haley even came home and showed me her push ups and sit ups. I love it. Every morning, Haley knows that we are going to the gym. It's just what is normal to her, and I love it. I have realized in a world that seems to be so sedentary, that I don't want my family to be that way. I want us to be healthy and active. Troy and I are running the Spudman Triathlon this year. It will be Troy's first triathlon - and my second. The kids are getting ready to run their second KidsK next week. The kids beg daily to go on bike rides, and I am so grateful for their willingness to be active. Kristin got a tennis racket for her birthday and has asked David (her uncle) to teach her to play. I look forward to the day when I can play tennis with my kids! I have been really debating about shutting off all cable. Has anyone done this? What have you thought? Anyways...I encourage anybody who may still read my blog - get out. Exercise. Set a goal. Work together as a family. It won't be easy. It still isn't easy for me. It's worth it. I was SO PROUD of Kyle and Jake after this 5k. The did so well!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

That's awesome! We've brought the kids to the track a couple of times so they could run. It's so fun! We don't have cable...get rid of it! You won't even miss it after a while :)

delilas said...

Jen you are looking so great!!! I have a marathon on my bucket list and I so want to do this but I am so scared. I have arthritis in both of my hips and have been told not to do high impacted exercise but we will see ....
I cut down on my sugar intake for about 6 weeks and I could really tell a difference. I just need to not let Holidays tempt me. BE STRONG!!!

Thanks for your inspiration! Love you guys and your sweet family.

delilas said...

Oh about cable. You don't need cable because you can get anything you want through netflix or Hulu anyway...

Dori said...

Good job Korth Family...I love it! Shut off cable 1 year 10 months ago and love it! Netflix through the xbox is wonderful for so many reasons including ESPN3 for the sports fans that thought they were going to die without cable! Saves $$ and so many fights with the kids!

Beau said...

I agree with all that has been said! In my opinion, active family = happy family! Keep up the good work!