Monday, June 13, 2011

Six People | Twelve Times


We love traveling together. I always thought that you can tell what kind of parents people are by how they deal with road trips with their kids. I don't know why - but you know who the 'head' of the house is during a road trip. Is it the kids? Is it the youngest? Is it the parents? My kids have been doing long road trips since they've been born. Of course, we all get antsy, but for the most part - my kids do great! They don't get candy at every place we stop. They take turns picking movies - the most irritating person is usually Haley - cause she just won't stop chattering, and she's not a TV watcher. She just chit chats for 10 hours. We travel to California frequently - since my 3 brothers live there. What isn't to love about California? Our kids love the beach, pool, hot tub, everything - but I really think that what they love most is just hanging out with the family. It's funny how there is no fighting at the beach. Everyone is just so happy to play! Troy and the kids automatically just jump right into California's cool ocean. I only get in up to my knees. I am not a cold water girl. My dream one day, is to stay in a condo/hotel RIGHT on the beach - and just play and read books there all day long. That would be heaven, for all of us! I better start planning it!

2 comments:

delilas said...

What you need to do is come out here and rent a beach house with us on the Atlantic coast where the water is warm. We have a favorite place in NC that we in Aug. No resorts only houses and we get one on beach side and it is a week of fun in the sun. We all have a blast!!!!
Think about it, we have other fun cousins out here too.

Drae said...

Delilas beat me to it, but she is very smart. You guys should come out here. We might even be able to get a really cheap place through jon's mom. Just saying.... The corbetts and us make good company for a week at the beach. We would love if you came out. Just think about it. I can give you many more excuses to come too. Just let me know.