Friday, June 10, 2011

San Diego Zoo

On Saturday, we went to the San Diego Zoo.
Our kids have never been there. They have these new double decker buses, that were fun to ride in, but they traveled the paths people walked, and I feel that they ruined the zoo! It must be a new ploy for more money, or for all the lazy people who can't just walk through a zoo. From the top of the double-decker bus, Kristin noticed face painting. She has saved birthday money and begged and this is what she wanted to spend her money on (Thank you Grandpa Korth and Grandma Great - this is what she spent her money on). Naturally, Haley had to have one too. While we were walking around, the oddest things walked by us. A dog and a cheetah on leashes. Some new program they have at the zoo - I can't remember the exact purpose of it.


After walking for awhile, the kids all were ready to go. We were as far from the exit as was possible, and we thought we should stop by and see the Panda Bears (30 minute wait) and then to see the gorillas. Well, Kristin had a meltdown - threw an enormous fit, and ruined her face paint. We carried on, and talked them into the gorillas - with a little bribery of popcorn and soda while we waited for the Panda's. It turned out to be a good thing we did - my kids most memorable moment of the whole trip happened while watching the gorillas - and it's disgusting, but I must document it! A gorilla, came and sat on a log, his back to the crowd. He proceeded to poop into his own hand. It was disgusting. I wish I would have gotten it on video - the people in the crowd's comments were priceless. The photo I got is afterwards...you will notice the 'item' in the gorilla's hand...gross...I know... On the way out, Jake got his hands on the map and was leading us out of the park. He took his job very seriously. Even after Kristin threw an enormous fit that day, on the way home from our vacation, my mom asked Kristin what her favorite part of the trip was. She said, The zoo. Ughhhh...girls!

1 comments:

Beau said...

I have a gorilla poop story that I will share with you the next time we see you....