Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Boys Only!

This weekend is our Amazing Race. Troy's dad is taking the boys, Kyle, Jake, and Daxton to Bear Lake by himself for the weekend. All the boys are SO excited that it's no girls. Doug is leaving on Friday afternoon, because he needs to get something recorded (guessing???) at the court house. Cherice and I were thinking, have you taken them to the grocery store? Are you SURE you want to take them to the court house? So, on the way home from FHE Sunday night, I told the boys, that if they're naughty in a court house, that judges can throw them in jail, etc...etc... Well, before bed, Jake told Troy that he didn't want to go to Bear Lake, Kyle chimed in with, "Yeah, it will be scary going to the court house".

Talking with Cherice the next day, Kenny had given Daxton the same talk. So, yesterday after school, Daxton told Kyle, "I think I'll just stay in the car with Grandma". Kyle broke the news that Grandma wasn't going...At least they're thinking about being good, right?

I think they will be perfect angels! (Depending on how long it takes.) If it takes too long, they may realize that nobody is going to throw them in jail!

Thanks Grandpa, for taking the boys on a boys weekend! I have to give them a countdown every morning! Good luck at the courthouse! )

2 comments:

laura said...

How funny!
We oversold the jail thing at our house. Now, every time we see a police car, I spend twenty minutes calming my kids, convincing them that they are not coming to take them away. There is no such thing as kids jail. THey are not going to jail. I'm not going to jail. (They think I'm going to jail because I still talk on my cell phone SOMETIMES, even though the law just passed.)

Drae said...

So funny! Nothing like a good scare tactic to make kids behave well. That's so funny! I can just imagine them all sitting wide eyed in Grandpa's truck hoping they never make it there. Classic! I'm definitely using fear in my parenting. One day.