Friday, April 03, 2009

Our first Pinewood Derby...

Well, I guess I should say with our kids. I remember MANY Pinewood Derby's with my brothers growing up. I'm pretty sure Jake was more excited about this than Kyle. For 2 months Jake has begged to make the pinewood derby every day. Kyle picked out the design he wanted and Troy cut it out. Kyle wanted his to have a "Y" on it - of course. I meticulously painted it on there. Before we left that night - Troy told Kyle that he would probably lose...Well, Kyle's first turn down the track - and HE WON! We were all really amazed. The next time - He WON AGAIN! Holy cow...we were seriously flabbergasted! Well, he went to the finals, and the last two races - something happened to his car...it didn't even make it to the end of the track. So - he ended up coming in 3rd. We found out later - that a piece of wood had chipped off his car near his tire...causing the wheel to stop spinning. Here is Kyle, his car, and his ribbon. My last comment on the subject...anyone owning a Pinewood Derby track has to be a special kind of person. The man in charge of this Pinewood Derby was NO EXCEPTION!

4 comments:

Doug said...

Way to go Kyle. Sorry about the mechanical problem. Yhe y looks great, too.

Erin Fonnesbeck said...

Congrats Kyle!

The Hammonds said...

I loved reading this post. It made me think about what is in store for our lives. I'm sure it will be full of all things boys. Scouts, sports, and of course, pinewood derby's. No "girl" activities for the Hammond family. How did you guys get two boys and then two girls?

Bethany said...

Way to go Kyle. That's a proud moment!