Tuesday, August 21, 2007

School, Ears, Lagoon, OH MY!

Kyle started 2nd Grade on Monday! WOW! Where has the time gone? His teacher is Mrs. Adams. He said she is nice. I just hope she's a good teacher...who cares about niceness? That's the one thing I've learned...(in my long history of being a parent of an elementary school child) niceness doesn't matter so much. For some reason, the stricter the teacher, the better Kyle does. I think it goes to show that kids who know that there our boundaries, and rules, do better in school. Anyways, we'll see how it goes. Back to School night is on Thursday, so I'm excited to see his classroom and hear his teachers philosophies on things. Here he is. He was so excited to get to school. He had his friends from last year, run up, then he handed me his backpack and was off playing. That was so great! This is his first year at going to the same school 2 years in a row (well, technically last year was 1/2 a year).
So, we got Kyle off to school. Then, I decided to take Haley into the doctor. She hadn't been sleeping well the past few nights, and that isn't like her. Usually she sleeps from 7p-7a with no waking up, so when she started waking up, I thought there was a problem. I had my friend Heidi (a nurse) look in her ear, but the one ear had too much wax to tell. Sure enough, once the doctor removed the wax, it was obvious that she had an ear infection. Since I was there, I had her weighed. Everyone keeps asking about her, and I have been so positive that this expensive formula was doing the trick, that I've told people she probably weighs about 15 lbs. Well, she weighed in at 13 lbs. 7 oz. Still so tiny. She is 9 months old Monday. We have her Well Check then, so we'll see where she is on the charts...I'm sure not anywhere on it...Here is a picture of our little girl. She was playing with Kristin's sunglasses. You can see her two new teeth. I got her a new outfit (back to school) and it is 3-6 months! After her wearing the same clothes for the last 9 months, I just got sick of them. So, I splurged and got her a new outfit. It's little jeans and this shirt. Gotta love Old Navy!

So, after we got that figured out, we had to go to Lagoon. We had promised the kids (weeks ago) that we would take them to Lagoon. It was Utah Down Syndrome Day, and also buy 1 get 1 free. So, we took Kyle out of school at lunchtime and headed to Lagoon. Since Haley had an ear infection, I really wondered if we should just call it off, but we had been promising the kids, and I just hoped I could keep Haley drugged up enough that she would be okay. I stayed out of the water with her and she ate graham crackers and played. She was good for the most part. The kids LOVED Lagoon. Holy Cow! Kyle wore his Heelies so that he would hit the 50" mark so that he could pretty much ride any ride there. Jake then wanted Heelies. He didn't seem to realize it wouldn't make him an extra 10 inches. We had fun too! We didn't have much time to see much of the park, I was surprised how much it has grown in the past 9 years. I think that was the last time Troy and I had been there. It was fun. We headed home last night at 9:30. I could have swore it was 2 am, I was so exhausted. Here is a picture of Jake and Kristin riding the kiddie rides, while Troy took Kyle to ride a few big ones...

This last picture, I had to put on. Somewhere at my Mom's house, I have a picture of me in these same little boats at Lagoon when I was probably Jake's age. It's so crazy how that little ride is still there after 25 years! This picture isn't the greatest. It is from my old camera, and it was dark, but I still just love how these boats are so old!

4 comments:

Cheney Family said...

Sounds like you guys had some at Lagoon!! That is crazy that she is so small. I know my new one is almost that big and she is almost three months. I am glad that she is gaining weight though.

Pricilla said...

Isn't watching your kids on rides the best? That is so nice that school is off to a good start too. Good luck on Monday with Haley.

Erin Fonnesbeck said...

Kyle, you look so handsome in that picture! You are getting to be such a grown up man - you looked great on your first day of school. Mason starts school on monday. I will have to send you a picture of him on his first day. He will probably only wear a t-shirt though...that's about all he likes these days. :) Good luck in 2nd grade!

Bethany said...

Lagoon can be so fun for little ones. I have many fond memories of that place. You guys are so fun. That Haley is so cute! I can't believe she is so tiny. And I thought my Evan was little. Have fun in school Kyle!