Monday, July 28, 2008

All About Mom...

I liked this one. It's always a wake-up call as to what is going on in your kids minds...for better or worse...I called them all in seperately to answer...so as not to be persuaded...

1. What does mom always say to you?
Kyle: Be Nice.
Jake: Clean up.
Kristin: i love you

2. What makes mom happy?
Kyle: When I'm not mean to Jake and Kristin
Jake: Love
Kristin: giving you hugs and kisses

3. What makes mom sad?
Kyle: When I disobey you.
Jake: When I be naughty.(Yes, I corrected his grammar)
Kristin: not giving you hugs and kisses

4. How does mom make you laugh?
Kyle: There aren't very many ways.
Jake: When you say funny stuff...like.................................................................(apparently I don't do this enough)
Kristin: Saying funny words

5. How old is mom?
Kyle: 30 years old
Jake: 14
Kristin: I don't know

6. How tall is mom?
Kyle: 30 inches
Jake: 40 feet tall
Kristin: I think "this" tall. Holding up her hand...

7. What does mom like to do?
Kyle: shopping and work on the computer
Jake: go to sleep
Kristin: work

8. What is mom's job?
Kyle: working on Making Memories
Jake: to send stuff
Kristin: doing work...writing stuff down on the computer

9. What is mom's favorite food?
Kyle: I have no idea
Jake: Rumbi (HE IS SO RIGHT!)
Kristin: macaroni and cheese (gross...I hate the stuff...don't remember the last time I've eaten it)

10. How do you know your mom loves you?
Kyle: because you're always telling us how to be good and you're not doing that just to be mean, you're doing it so that we can do good and so we can grow up and be good adults (wow. he really gets all that? it may have something to do with his bishop's interview for getting baptised this week...got some sense talked into him!)
Jake: You give me kisses and hugs
Kristin: cause you give me hugs and kisses

Okay, things I've learned from this...
I need to have "NO COMPUTER" time...laugh and play with my kids more...we'll see how this next week goes...

4 comments:

Unknown said...

HAHA! The things kids say. I love it.

Drae said...

what a great idea. There is no better way to honestly know how you're doing than to ask your kids. They are sure to tell the truth. Sounds like you're doing a good job. That Kyle. I always have been amazed at his maturity. Can't wait for the baptism this weekend. Let me know if I can help in any way.

Piano Mom said...

I love that "hugs and kisses" seem to be a recurring theme. I guess that as long as you are giving hugs and kisses, your children will always know that they are loved. How awesome is that?! I hope it's the same for my own kids.

Nurse Heidi said...

Love it!! This is an awesome blog - definitely a keeper. I love that you're 30 inches tall... ;).