Thursday, July 17, 2008

Behind (uh oh - probably just got dinged on my rating again)

I feel like I'm behind. I'll just do little by little until I'm caught up. So much has been happening. Mike and Maria in town, the Fourth of July, Bear Lake, Scout Camp...So, I'll start with Scout Camp!

Kyle's Birthday is July 23rd and he will turn 8. We had asked awhile ago if Kyle would be able to attend Scout Camp - even though he would be 2 weeks from turning 8. The scout leader told us no. I thought that sounded odd, but didn't want to push the subject. A day before camp, the scout leader called and told me Kyle could go. Nothing like last minute. I really wanted to be able to go to camp with him for one day, but with late notice, I didn't have a place for my other kids to go. Kyle was so nervous to go. I promised him he would have fun. That he did. When he got home, I made him go take a shower. I told Troy he was a big ball of dirt. Maybe it's a good thing I couldn't go to camp. It would have driven me crazy. After the first day, Kyle told me he could buy things up there, so he took $5 to camp the next day. He came home with a whip and a pocket knife. Seriously, what other dangerous things can they sell to 8 year olds without their parents permission? Here he is in all his dirty glory with his Scout Day Camp goods...

1 comments:

Nurse Heidi said...

The amount of fun you have a scout camp is directly proportional to the amount of dirt on one's body by the end of the day as well as the number of injuries. That's why they sell pocketknives and other great things to boys! I have lots of first hand experience patching up the "fun"...