Wednesday, July 02, 2008

Bear Lake

We went to Bear Lake this past weekend. It was crazy. It was fun. It was hot. It was exhausting. It was great.

Our friends, the Braithewaite's, went up with us. Me and the kids went up with Troy's dad on Thursday night. Troy had a calculus class on Friday, and couldn't leave until it was over. Troy's mom and Cherice and her kids came up on Friday night. We had a great time riding the four-wheeler, waverunners, and the kids had an absolute BLAST having a wet-sand war.

Naturally, I didn't get any pictures. Why? I didn't want my camera filled with sand.

BUT, the property has all these flowers on it. The funny thing is, they only open in the morning. They were really pretty yellow and purple flowers. I brought some clothes for the kids and I wanted to take their pictures. Since I had to do it in the morning, I thought the perfect timing would be Sunday morning on our way home. Friday night, I decided to dress Haley up and get one picture of her. She was definitely not in the mood, and this is the only one I got.
Color

Vintage

Friday after we had been at the water for 5 hours, Krisin would not stop whining, she was burning up and felt crappy. I tried to get her to drink water, and she wouldn't stop. She finally fell asleep, but would keep waking up with a fever, not feeling good. When Cherice got there, I gave her some motrin, and then she slept through the night. On Saturday, Kristin said her throat hurt (she didn't mention that the day before). I looked in her throat and her tonsils were swollen with white patches. I packed the girls up, and drove straight to the instacare. I thought for sure it was strep. It wasn't. Just a virus. Kristin has the hugest tonsils in the world, and I'm sure we'll be getting them taken out by winter. So, I missed the chance to take pictures with the pretty flowers...next time, right? The crappiest part was that Troy didn't even get to Bear Lake until late Friday night. I left Saturday morning, and Troy came home with the boys on Sunday. We both had seperate vacations. Crappy.

It was a good time. I drove a 4-wheeler for the first time! It's not my thing. I took the 2 girls out on a wave-runner. They loved it. We are headed there in 2 weeks for a family reunion. Fun times!
Oh, in case you were wondering, I still hate camping!

5 comments:

delilas said...

That's ok, we still love you!
That is to bad that you had to leave early. I hope she is feeling better now. Have fun at the reunion.
:D

Piano Mom said...

I am not a camping kind of girl either, but I absolutely love wave runners! Bryan and I used to rent them every summer and head for a lake.

Unknown said...

Those pictures are so cute! Where did you get her dress?

Jen said...

Her dress came from the Gap. Good sales there right now!

Penny said...

Jen, what I love about you is that you tell it like it is. Life is not always happy, happy and I love that you admit that. It makes you so real.