Monday, July 23, 2007

Asleep?

Okay, on Sunday afternoon, Troy and I told the kids they needed to nap, because we were having a family gathering for Kyle's Bday later in the evening, and wanted rested children. Jake always has a hard time getting to sleep. And, since he's the most stubborn child, it makes it all the more difficult. Troy and I were taking turns reading HP#7 (I'd read a chapter, he'd read a chapter) and Jake came downstairs. We told him it was quiet time, and that he needed to cuddle up on the end of the couch. We looked over, and this is what we saw:

Naturally, we didn't think he was asleep, we thought he was goofing around. We got closer...
and closer...
until we realized he was most definately asleep. How on earth that child could fall asleep like that, I will never know. I absolutely think it would have been much more comfortable just to fall asleep in his bed!

6 comments:

Nurse Heidi said...

That is truly the most awesome sleep position I've ever seen. I wonder if the extra blood flow to his brain will boost his intelligence or something?! Rachel's done a similar thing a time or two and I always get a good laugh out of it.

Unknown said...

What a goofball! I love it! I love his shirt too!

Memory said...

I'm totally cracking up here. That's hysterical. Thank goodness kids do silly things like this to keep us laughing.

Pricilla said...

Classic. Glad you got pictures so you can show him how silly he is when he is older!

Cheney Family said...

These are great pictures! I always seem to forget to grab the camera when things happen like that.

Bethany said...

That Jake is AMAZING! That will always be a great story to tell. Remember the time when Jake . . . as if you didn't have enough of those.