Monday, July 30, 2007

Photography

Hey. I am looking into new cameras. I am getting a really nice SLR. I think I would like to do photography professionally. (At least for friends and family - don't know how much more I can put on my plate right now) But, I love photography. Since I have been researching camera's, I have run across some really cute photos. I decided to do my own photo shoot. Well, Erin and I were talking, and she said, man, if you could find an 8 month old, you could take some really cute poses. Well it took me a second to realize that, HEY, I have an 8 month old! Since I would have to email these to Erin (we're both getting a new camera) to show her the pics, I thought I would put them here. I just realized that changing the saturation on a photo makes it look awesome, so I'm going to put before and afters...just so you can see, and maybe try it!

Here are pics I took of her on my bed. I changed them to Sepia, because my bedding is blue and brown, and I wanted it to not clash...

I love the picture of her pouting, I put it on here twice, just cause I love it!
I lowered the saturation on all 3 of these photos.

8 comments:

Dori said...

you are sooo cool! I love these..I think you definetly have the talent...time...as I so understand is the problem isn't it!? But that doesn't mean it can't be done! Go for it!

laura said...

Oh, I love them. Especially the top one. I will be stealing your pose and using it on my Blake this week. I just need to find a bar stool. Mine are circular and would not work with that. Thanks for the idea. By the way- what camera did you decide on. I am really wanting a new one.

Jen said...

I decided on Canon 30D. I'm getting it at Costco.com, so that I can return it if needed...

Cheney Family said...

Those are some great pictures!! I really think you have some talent also. I know I don't take pictures like that.

Pricilla said...

Cute pictures. I love photography myself but have the same problem. You definately have a good eye!

delilas said...

I love those pictures!!!! You are as good as that girl here in VA. Come take some cool pictures of my family or teach me how. What makes a great foto? Miss you, but was great to see all of you crazies in BL. I think the Young's cheated at BINGO.lol :D

Nurse Heidi said...

Cute pics! Here's a dumb question from a non- photographer...did you mess with the saturation on your computer or is it a setting on your camera? It's interesting how different the effect is just by messing with that.

Jen said...

Heidi, I messed with it on the computer...