Thursday, July 26, 2007

Meatballs

Tonight during dinner, Jake said: "Mom, you're the best meatball maker in the whole world!"
That struck me as funny, but it is a meal all 3 kids will chow down! Here's the recipe:

Crockpot Cocktail Meatballs

3 lbs. ground beef (of course the leanest possible is the best)
1 pkg dry onion soup mix
14 oz. can sweetened condensed milk

Sauce: 18 oz. bottle ketchup (this is just a little over 2 cups)
1/2 c. brown sugar
1/4 c. Worchestershire sauce

Combine beef, soup mix and condensed milk. (I do this in a gallon size ziploc bag...keeps my hands clean, and is easy to squish) Form into small balls (makes about 45-50?) I use my cookie scoop, and just scoop right out of the ziploc bag. Place meatballs on baking sheets and brown in oven for 30 minutes at 350 degrees. Remove from oven and drain excess grease. Place meatballs in crockpot. Combine sauce ingredients and pour over meatballs. Cover and cook on low for 3-4 hours. Serve over white rice. MMMM!!!! (I don't usually think of it ahead of time, and usually just make the sauce on the stove, and add the meatballs right before serving)

Anyways, just a little recipe, from the best meatball maker in the world! :)

5 comments:

Cheney Family said...

This sounds really good I will have to try it out on my kids. And then maybe I will make the best meatballs ever.

Unknown said...

I should try these sometime. I try to make yummy things that I hope the kids will like, but they NEVER do...except I got so fed up the other day and decided to make tater tot casserole. Not the most gourmet thing I've ever made, but of course the kids liked it and actually finished their dinner for once!

Bethany said...

I've heard you mention these a few times so I've got to try them. They sound scrumptious. You are the best meatball make ever Jen!

Pricilla said...

I will definately try these. I usually just buy the costco ones because they are so good and cheap but I usually pride myself in homemade goodness, so here's my chance. That is so cute that your kids complement your food! Can't wait for that.

Jen said...

Sorry Pricilla, it doesn't happen very often, which is why I had to blog about it!