Thursday, July 19, 2007

What a day!

I think yesterday was such a great day! First, my friend Camille and her kids came to visit via Indiana, Boston, Scotland, and now Seattle! (We met in Oregon 6 1/2 years ago!) It was so great. Between the 2 of us, we have 5 more kids than we used to! That made things crazy, but the boys hit it off TREMENDOUSLY! They played out back while Camille and I talked. Then we made it down to my scrapbook room, and decided to make cards and magnets... It was so fun! I felt like I had friends again! :( Then she left a mere 5 hours after she got here! That's life! Here's a picture of the 2 of us. Adam, age 6, took the picture...he tried his best though! We went to Artic Circle for lunch and let the kids play (Camille and I stopped through the drive-thru at Kneaders and got us a good lunch). Here is a picture of Kyle and Adam. Just a hint of how long we've known them, when Kyle was 9 months old, we went to the hospital to see Adam right after he was born!

It was so fun! I totally miss having friends...who know me! Oh well, all in time, right? I sure hope so!

After such a busy day, I was dreading doing dinner. I had to go to the PO and on my way, I called my brother, David, who is in town until he goes to UC Irvine to get his doctorate. He came over and made dinner, Venezualan food. He went to Venezuala earlier this year for school. Dinner was yummy! And healthy!


Then, we had a great game of Kickball in the backyard! So fun! What a day!

2 comments:

Cheney Family said...

Isn't it great when you meet up with old friends and it is like no time has passed at all. Sounds like you had a great day.

Bethany said...

How fun for you! I'm glad you got some friend time in. They really need to invent some teleporting thing so we can all visit our friends more often. Wouldn't that be great!