Monday, July 16, 2007

Bear Lake

Last weekend was the Korth Family Reunion. It was held at Bear Lake - Rendevous Beach. I think it was like the 17th-20th year they had done it at Bear Lake (nobody could agree on which summer was the first summer). It was a good time! I attempted to get up on a wakeboard. I tried about 20 times, I had almost drowned myself and then I threw in the towel, so somebody else could have a turn. There's got to be a trick to that...(My forearms are STILL sore!) Troy, Kenny, and Cherice, took the kids (except the babies, I stayed on the beach with them) on a boat ride. When they got to the middle of the lake, they made the kids jump in the lake, so they would know that their lifejackets would hold them up, in case something happened. Then, they got on the tube. I guess Kyle kept doing thumbs up (go faster) and Jake and Daxton kept doing thumbs down (slower). They loved it though. I hope next year there is more time for the kids to go tubing. The boat was pretty much consumed by wakeboarders. I wish I could have been on board for some pictures. I went out on the boat once, and went out on the waverunners twice. Most of the time, I hung out under the canopy on the beach, kid watching. The joys of being a mom. Anyways, here are some pictures...Here's my cute scrawny Haley LOVING the sand! Here's a picture of all of my kids. They had such a blast playing on the beach. We did probably 10 loads of laundry today, and the lint from the dryer had TONS of sand in it! The camp was a ways from the beach, so if the kids fell asleep under the canopy, you were pretty much stuck, cause nobody wanted to wake a sleeping child to hike back to camp. Here are a few of us that got stuck, Haley and me, Kenny and Kinlee, and Allisun and Kristin. Here are the cousins playing in the sand. It was very serious business. I don't know what they were building, but it was definately important. Kinlee LOVED following Kristin around. Kristin loved it too! They're the best buds! It's so cute to watch! I won't go off on my soap box about the dirtiness of camping with kids, but I am glad I have another year until I have to do it again!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I love the pictures of the kids playing in the sand! If it wasn't so messy, and you didn't find sand in their ears for the next week, I'd love to have a huge sand box in the back yard! Glad you survived everything!!

Cheney Family said...

Glad to hear you had a good time. Sounds fun to have that time on the water and sand (even though it is messy).
Patti

Bethany said...

Oh, I love boat days where you spend all day in the sun, having fun. Especially when it's family reunion time and especially at Bear Lake. Cute pictures. I love little girl swimsuit bums.

Pricilla said...

Good times. Isn't it crazy how much more responsibilty takes a toll on vacations when you are a mom. No lounging around and reading or all day on the boat. It is so much work, but so fun anyway.