Sunday, July 01, 2007

Last Day of School

Kyle's last day of first grade was on Friday. We picked him up at 12:30 and came home and had an indoor picnic. Kyle and Kristin had ham sandwiches, and Jake had chicken nuggets. Haley had a bottle. They watched Sesame Street and then took a nap to get ready for swimming lessons. It was their last lesson in the 3 week session they were signed up for. They are signed up again for another 3 week session in August.


Kyle and Daxton thought it was great to spit water between turns. Kyle did so good! He is definately a swimmer!
Jake learned to swim! It's so great! No worries about him anymore! Kristin on the other hand...After their hour lesson, they all got to jump off the diving board. Everytime, we told Kristin if she did it by herself, we would buy her a snowcone. Well, this is how she did it, everytime...

I'm hoping she'll get better by the time the next session we've signed up for starts. So, on the last day of the session, they let the kids race each other. Well, I wasn't aware that my kids were such good and fast swimmers! Kyle and Jake did awesome! I think (though I won't tell Kyle) that Jake just might be able to swim faster than Kyle. So, it turns out my kids have the Korth Competitiveness in them. After swimming lessons, I told Kyle he could have a few friends over for an "end of the school year" party. He just invited Daxton and Daniel. They were going to watch a movie, but challenged Troy and I to a game of Kick Ball in our backyard (that has been a nightly occurence this summer). So, we played kick ball, them against us. I'll let you guess who won. (As I said earlier, there is this Korth Competitiveness gene...so don't think for one minute Troy was easy on the 3 boys - or me as his teammate either). After the boys left, we made popcorn and let Kyle, Jake, and Kristin watch a movie. I can't imagine life without microwave popcorn...

I am excited for our summer! No ballet, no swimming, nothing! YEA! And, to start it off, is the 4th of July...I think it's right up there, with one of my favorite holidays, especially being in Utah, where it is more patriotic (okay, not as much as Wash. DC) but compared to Bakersfield, CA, and Oregon! We have a tradition we've done here, so I'm excited! I'm sure you'll all see pics later in the week! Have a good 4th!

3 comments:

Pricilla said...

You are such a fun mommy. That is so neat that you do cute little parties and out of the ordinary things for them. Your kids are very lucky to have you.

Unknown said...

Cute, cute! Is Haley sitting on her own now? Yea!!

Bethany said...

Fun times! That's so great about all their swimming. I think Evan might learn to swim here soon now that he no longer is afraid of the pool. Your boys are some natural athletes! Yah, for Kyle and being done with school. Enjoy the summer!