Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Fourth of July

Yeah, Yeah, I know, I'm a bit late. Honestly, I have been so busy with weddings and other peoples photos, I didn't get to editing my own fourth of July pictures until tonight. I am officially caught up on photo shoots! WAHOO! Well, until tomorrow night! Can't wait to see you Leisa! So, here they are. We did the annual Copperton Park thing. I love love love it every year! This year we invited our friends, the Braithwaites! They too, loved it and their kids are currently practicing for next years races. If you don't have plans next 4th, let us know!

Here's Jake and Haley in front of the old fire truck that is in attendance every year. I loved it. It was overcast which made for great photo taking! Haley did NOT like sitting up there...anything for a photo...

The reason I love the races so much, is that is it literally fun for all ages. Case in point...

The little kids above. Don't you just LOVE the expression on Jake's face? Priceless!

The bigger kids. This is serious stuff!

The biggest kids! (Well, technically they weren't the oldest group to run. Both my parents did) My brother Michael is on Troy's right side in the green shirt. Not only is there running races, but sack races, hula hoops, shoe mix that are fun for all. In the photo above is Michael, James (cousin) and Troy. Apparently they all biffed it in this race. The crowd got a good laugh. Troy thinks he's too tall for the sack race. Not me, it goes up to my chin about! I did participate in the races, but nobody dare uses my camera. Even Haley LOVED it! The greatest part is that the winners recieve money! $3 for first, $2 for second, $1 for third. The little kids (under 6) all get a 50 cent piece just for running. See you all next year!

2 comments:

Piano Mom said...

You've been so busy! Your 4th of July looks like a lot of fun. I've heard of the Copperton park, but have never been there.

Unknown said...

LOVE the pictures in front of the fire truck. Classic.
See you tonight!