Sunday, August 31, 2008

Checking in with Kristin...

It's so fun to have her around - well, most of the time. She is so content to just hang out! About a month ago, Erin's little girl had a Fancy Nancy birthday party. I made her some little tu-tu's for the girls to wear for the party. Kristin helped me, and when I told her what they were for, she asked if she got to go to Elyse's birthday party. I told her no, that Elyse lived in Las Vegas, and it was too far to go for her party. She was heartbroken. Erin sent her a little package of goodies from the party in the mail. It was the greatest package ever! It had the sunglasses, a little purse, beads to make a necklace, a flower for her hair and I'm sure more treasures. This kept Kristin busy for HOURS and she slept with everything she got. I'm not exaggerating. I just love it that such cheap little things make her happy.

Lately she has been asking to color. My boys NEVER did that. It's so fun to see her with markers, and color. She writes her name and colors and draws for hours. I love that about little girls (well, comparing them to my boys). As long as Jake doesn't torment her, she's very content to do her own little thing. I love this little girl.

Last night, we went to the BYU game. As Kristin was mesmorized watching the drill team and cheerleaders, she said, "I know what I want to be when I grow up. (I totally knew what was coming) A cheerleader!" I love it. When she sees something, she has no problem with deciding right then and there that she plans on doing that!

0 comments: