Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Whoever said running was a cheap sport?

I just got back from the podiatrist. He was really nice. I have an inflammed ligament due to my flat feet. Seriously, Peterson feet are the WORST - and I daresay out of my brothers, I have the best feet(unfortunately, that's really not saying much). Jason's are THE WORST EVER - pretty sure in the whole history of feet! For the record, Troy NEVER complains if I get a pedicure, that's how nasty they are. Anyways, I have to take an anti-inflammatory, get orthodics(insurance doesn't cover orthodics - apparently they run between $100-$200), new running shoes, and not go barefoot or wear flip flops. HELLO? I hate wearing any shoes in the house and I would wear flip flops all year round if I could. He told me there is a brand of sandals I can get, but they're $70. Sure, tack it onto my bill. I am not allowed to run now, and just have to cross-train. At least for the next month until my foot is healed. I guess I may have to go look into that gym membership I was planning on getting this winter. A bit sooner than I wanted. I also have to ice my foot before bed, EVERY night, regardless of my activity.

So, if I add all this up, along with my cardiologist bills, my watch, and the cost of the few races I've done (I seriously can't believe I paid someone else to run) it's a bit hairy.

4 comments:

Pricilla said...

Ouch! That sounds like a pain in more than one way. Hope it gets better quick.

Piano Mom said...

Okay, I think Bryan got totally ripped off on the orthotics (which by the way, he threw away because they didn't help at all, and were painful to wear!!!)...we paid $300.00. Talk about money down the drain. What brand of shoe did your podiatrist recommend? Bryan has flat feet as well and has had decent results with the Saucony brand. Good luck with your recovery!

Unknown said...

What do you mean you would wear sandals all year round if you could...you do!! Man, that stinks. Doesn't it figure that you decide to really get in shape and a dumb thing like this happens. Well, anyways, I'm still way impressed with all the running you've been doing!! Hopefully you'll be right back at it when you are all healed up.

Kassey said...

I can feel your pain. I am now just recieveing all my bills from my bike wreck, och!! But in the end I still want to bike! You will want to run just becasue you can't!