Sunday, August 03, 2008

Cougar Clinic


Cherice and I went last week to the BYU Football Women's Clinic. Awhile ago, Troy forwarded me and email and said he thought I should go, since I have a season ticket this year, he thought it would make the season more interesting for me. I joked and said I would go, if he would go to a scrapbook class. Cherice's Birthday was the end of June, and she's a football fanatic...so, I signed us both up, and we did it for her birthday. It was SERIOUSLY the funnest thing EVER! We got there, and they had HUGE hoagie sandwiches and cougar brownies. Along with capri suns and bottled water. We ate, and then took a tour of the stadium. Well, we went to the locker room. We could have gone up to the press box, but wanted to get a seat, and they were filling up fast...next year...
Here's some photos we got of the night...none of these are edited...
Us with Brandon Doman - the QB coach (i think)
Us with Max Hall - the QB. He was super nice and personally showed me how to throw the football!
Us with Bronco Mendenhall - the Head Coach. He is such a great guy. Cherice personally thanked him for changing the football program and making great examples for our boys!
Us with Dennis Pitta and Max Hall. Apparently they are new brothers-in-law now.Cherice and the 3 point stance. Seriously, it made my legs BURN! Me doing the tackle sled. This was Cherice's favorite thing to do! We have decided this will now be a tradition. Anyone is welcome to join us! Next time we will get there RIGHT when it starts and save some good seats up front. I will also bring a football to have signed for my boys - maybe a jersey as well. I have been telling Troy all the fun things that happened all weekend. One of the coolest things was that they gave all of us a Media Book??? (I think it's called that) They had just received the boxes of them that very day, and assured us we would have them well before ANYONE else - including our husbands! I got it signed by Bronco, Max, and Dennis (oh yeah, totally on first name basis). My nephew was drooling over it yesterday. As we were leaving LaVell Edwards Stadium, I told Cherice that it totally made me want to be a football fan. She laughed and said that it was now not only a perfect birthday present for her, but one for Troy as well. She promised she wouldn't hold me to my comment. I told her to talk to me after I watch all 4 kids during the first game - let's be honest, by myself - in 100 degree weather and see how much I'm enjoying it then...until next year...
GO COUGS!

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Whoa, jealous! You look SO good.

Erin Fonnesbeck said...

Hey, I saw these pictures and tried to call you but you didn't answer.... I was just calling to tell you that you look SO SKINNY!!! I can really tell in these pictures that you have been working hard and it is definitely paying off for you!

Brandon and Carly said...

What a fun thing to do, Jen! You are always doing fun stuff!! Hey - - I REALLY want to get my kids' pics done before they go back to school (Sept. 2). I am sorry we haven't gotten anything scheduled - - it has been a busy summer! Anyway - - can you call me at 253-8115 when you have your callendar and we can talk about dates!! Thanks so much!

Nurse Heidi said...

Woo hoo!! I was trying to describe to Alan how much fun it would be to go down there...he didn't believe me. I have to giggle about the size of the shirts. I know you're short, but SERIOUSLY...they're a foot too long!

delilas said...

Max Hall was standing outside the temple when Donnarae got married. Eric was trying to get Jarrett to get his pictures taken with him.

I'm so glad that you and Cherice had so much fun. See you all soon!

:D

Piano Mom said...

That totally looks like fun! I can't wait for the football season to begin. GO COUGARS!!!!

The Hammonds said...

I'm signing up Julieanne, my mom, and my sisters for next year's clinic. GO COUGARS!!!

Kari said...

So when is Troy's scrapbook class? Hope he has as much fun as you did!

Cherice said...

I don't know how I could take a hit, but I could hit that "sled" all day. I hope all the girls come next year. I would love to see the Hammond girls too. I'll have to talk to Lyndsay.