Friday, August 07, 2009

My first Demolition Derby

Meet Chet (aka my cousin) next time, could you look over and meet everyone, please? Meet Curtis (aka my cousin, Krista's, husband and Chet's brother-in-law) Thanks Curtis. Chet starting the race...
Chet smashing into the back of someone...the crowd is going wild...
Oh CRAP! Curtis got stuck to Chet (by bumpers)
They aren't going anywhere...race over...


My uncle Kim - removing the 'unmoving' cars...
Being towed off in style...
Yes, Chet...we are ALL wondering what that kid sitting next to you is doing...
My grandma (on the left) and her sister were the loudest fans...they almost got us kicked out...
Chet let a girl (gasp) use his car for the powder puff race, and the CV Axel (whatever that is) broke. Curtis' car managed to make it to the free for all...engine coming out the front and everything...
We had the greatest time at the Demo Derby last night. It was my first one, and it was awesome. My kids were in heaven! Even Haley loved it. They kept watching for Chet's car, and screaming for him. (Sorry, Curtis - they're Chet fans). It was a blast! It will definitely be something I do every year...well, if Chet's driving...that made it more fun...to actually know a driver...The only thing that could have made the day any better, was if Troy could be there. Next year (if there is a next year)Chet will have his car ready, so he can hang out with us more...he was so busy working on his car all day, we barely saw him. There's always next year though!

***This post is brought to you by the Duchesne County Fair***

5 comments:

Penny said...

Ok, so my first comment is: Jen, I can't believe that you have never been to a Demo. Derby - that is almost, well, un-Utahn!

Second: So fun and such great pictures. Zach looks forward to the Weber County Fair Demo Derby as much as anything else we do all year. Tomorrow night is the big night. Too bad we don't know any drivers.

And finally: LOVE, LOVE, LOVE your Grandma's shirts!

Kari said...

So we just went to our first Demo Derby at the Loudoun County fair and loved it!!! Even little Chance was loving it! A new tradition for us too. Love the pictures!

Katie said...

Looks like fun!

Brian and Kristy said...

How fun. Gotta love Myton! You take such awesome pictures. I like the one of Grandma Geri. In answer to your question, yes that is the lighthouse on Kauai. It was my favorite spot, so gorgeous!! I love it there and hopefully we'll be going back really soon.

Nurse Heidi said...

Ha! We LOVE demolition derbies. South Jordan put on a better show than Riverton. Is it sad that I know that? I think it's totally awesome that your cousin drives one of the beaters :).