Sunday, August 02, 2009

Kyle Turned NINE!

I can't believe Kyle turned NINE! Where has the last nine years gone? I remember bringing him home from the hospital, and wondering what on earth we were supposed to do with him? He is a pretty good kid - most of the time. He has his moments. I have had moments of utter proudness of him though too. He's not scared to stand up for what he knows is right - whether that means offering to pray for something, or standing up for something he knows is right - even when his best friends are doing it. I hope he is a leader. That he is proud to stand up for what he knows is right. Erin put this quote on her blog awhile ago, and I'm stealing it now...

"For what it's worth it's never too early or too late to be whoever you want to be. There's no time limit. Start whenever you want. You can change or stay the same. There are no rules to this thing. We can make the best or the worst of it. I hope you make the best though. I hope you see things that startle you. I hope you feel things you never felt before. I hope you meet people with a different point of view. I hope you live a life that you're proud of. And if you find that you're not, I hope you have the strength to start all over again."

-Benjamin Button

Oh - how I love this smart mouth kid. I wish the world for him...Happy Bithday Kyle! For his birthday - he invited a few friends to go see the movie "Night at the Museum Two". He also got a new Nintendo DS - which we bought a Math game for. Until he passes off his multiplication table - he can't get any new games. Good luck! (I know - we are sneaky, mean parents...it will be worth it though!)



1 comments:

Doug said...

I love Kyle. He is a combination of a little imp, but a lot of good. He is like talking to an adult at times but definitly can be all boy. I love spending time with him because he is fun and loves to joke around. I love it when he laughs at my silliness. He is also smart. It was he who suggested that we pray at the trailer last winter and said the prayer. I see a great leader developing in him. Yep, there's alot to love.