Tuesday, August 04, 2009

Oquirrh Mountain Temple Open House

We had the opportunity to tour the Oquirrh Mountain Temple. My cousin, Chet, came with us. It was my second time on the tour. The temple is gorgeous, and I am so glad my kids got to go through. I am amazed at how much they enjoy it! The girls love seeing the brides room and the boys seeing the "hot tub with cows"(the baptismal font being held up by 12 oxen signifying the 12 tribes of Israel).

Since the Oquirrh Mountain Temple is "Our" temple (the one our ward is designated to use), we have had the opportunity to serve and be guides, and other help during the tours. Troy and I helped out in the parking lot. It was very uneventful. Actually, it was a few weeks ago, on a Tuesday. They shut the parking lot down that we were using, because it wasn't very busy, so we ended up sitting in an empty parking lot for 5 hours. We were in the shade - for half the time - and we actually had a good time. I am so glad I had my phone, and could check my email and stuff. (No, I didn't feel guilty - since we were manning an empty parking lot). We spent our time being goofy...here's proof... I volunteered a second time last week, and go to open the front door for people to enter the temple. It was great, and I am glad for the chance to do this. (Although, I have to say, Troy had a much better attitude than I did about sitting in an empty parking lot.) For more information on our temple, please visit: lds.org.

0 comments: