Saturday, August 15, 2009

Tennis...

My love of tennis has returned...I played tennis all through High School. I LOVED playing. I even worked at a Tennis Club through most of high school. I practiced with some great guys from the club, who would really hit it hard, and would totally help me out - I was getting pretty good...in my own terms...and I was really enjoying it. A few weeks ago, Troy and I decided to go play tennis...just out of the blue. We went up to Copperton Park, and played 4 times in 1 week. Our kids are old enough to play at the park right next to the courts, and Troy and I practiced. Boy, were we rusty. The next week, we played 6 out of 7 nights. It was so fun. Troy and I both had a blast, we both got exercise, we taught our kids tennis a little bit, and have really loved it. Yesterday we took on Jon and Donnarae who are in town for a few days. Tonight we took on my parents. We were victorious both nights...not without a fight though! It is all so fun! In Oregon, it was hard to play, and our kids were just too little...I am happy to say, we are at a stage of life, where we can love tennis again...now...if I can just figure out my forehand! Here are some pics of the first night we played...Naturally, I can't take photos and play - so these are not actions shots...well, the one Troy took of me is, I guess...

4 comments:

ManicMandee said...

I remember that club you worked at in HS. Fun.

Did BHS have a team?

Penny said...

I didn't know this about you. I played tennis in HS too. Maybe next year instead of meeting for dessert, we can meet for a game of tennis.

Piano Mom said...

Maybe you could teach me how to play? :)

ManicMandee said...

Hey Jen. I am totally interested in you taking photos of my baby! I love your work!!! What do you charge? We're home from the hospital now and I'm cool with doing it during her first week. Let me know.
amandastevebishop@hotmail.com