Sunday, September 24, 2006

Our Weekend...

Hello! It's Sunday night. We had a busy weekend (for us, anyways! Nothing like Kenny and Cherice's weekend might entail!). On Friday, the kids had a Primary Activity. It was so well put together, and the kids really enjoyed it! It was titled "And Nephi's father dwelt in a tent" (or something along those lines). The kids were split into 3 groups and given a "Liahona - for 24 hours Kyle called it the Liatona- on a piece of paper. They got a stamp when they completed each activity. There were 3 different activities for them to do, they tried to model it after Lehi's family in the wilderness. They had the cub scouts make an obstacle course in the cultural hall, then they set up an actual tent in the Relief Society Room where they played a game - not sure what it was, I was keeping Kristin occupied in the hall - but all the kids came away with a candy bar, so as you can imagine, it was a huge hit! Then they had something in the Primary room - not sure what that was either. At the end, they all brought their Liahona's into an end of the cultural hall where the had ice cream sundaes. It was the most well planned and executed primary activity that my kids had been to. (No offense to anybody who planned previous Primary Activities my children have attended! :)) It really kept their attention, all the kids were so good, and Kyle is still talking about it!

Saturday, Kyle had a soccer game. He was definately on his game! He scored in the first 30 seconds of the game! He was so excited! He is definately improving with each game, and even better, loving every second! Naptime was Saturday afternoon. Yep, for the whole family, except for Troy, who listened to the BYU game on ksl.com.

I got ready to go to the Relief Society Broadcast. I couldn't figure out where my stake center was (towards DC somewhere...) so I called my friend Kari, and asked if I could meet her at hers. Since the broadcast doesn't start until 8pm here, they do a refreshment/social time before the broadcast. Let me tell you...there was no green jello with carrots! Amy, you would have been amazed, it was like pampered chef heaven...or that's what I thought anyways! There was shrimp and cocktail sauce! AT RELIEF SOCEITY! I was amazed...I think it's normal here, cause I didn't hear any ooh's or aah's. They had all this fancy food, and then about 6 chocolate fountains going - with different kinds of chocolate, dark, milk, semi-sweet, white - and fruit, pretzels, and marshmallows to put in them. WOW! It was nice. Kari showed up later than I did, so I just walked around a stake center in which I knew NOBODY and ate their refreshments. I was missing my Farmington Ward...anyways, I met up with Kari, and we watched the broadcast. It was good! It made me excited to watch(not sure if we get to watch it, or listen to it here...still trying to figure out if it's broadcast here) Conference.

Church was today. We had to keep Kristin with us, because we were sure the nursery wouldn't think her cough sounded very nice, even though we know it's just her asthma. Kristin has flared up with her asthma again. I'm hoping we can get through it without a trip to the hospital. It's pretty bad. At least the weekend is almost over. Oh, but the third hour of church, the bishop wanted the adults to watch this video. The missionaries did it and it was on missionary work. They had to turn off the lights in the cultural hall, and then they propped the doors open for a little bit of light. Kristin was just playing with her babies around us. When the movie was over, and the lights went on, Kristin hollered - YEP, HOLLERED - "Hey everyone! It over now! It all done!" She kept hollering things like that until Troy could get to her and tell her to hush. At least we got smiles and giggles - no dirty looks. It was pretty funny, and she was right! That was our weekend...exciting for us! Have a good week everyone...we attempt ballet again tomorrow...I think we have Kristin prepped...so hopefully it will go well!

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Man! Jealous! We didn't have soup and salad this time for once. We had taco salad and cookies, but shrimp and chocolate fountains...lucky!! All I know is that it was nice to get out!!