Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Troy made it home!

Hello! For all of my wonderful friends who have worried about me for 2 weeks, I want you to know I survived...barely...But I survived! Troy got home Friday night. He was amazed at how large my baby (a.k.a belly) had grown in 2 weeks. Yep, she's getting big! We took the kids to Chuck E Cheese's after we picked him up at the airport. Oh, Friday happened to be "Hurricane Day" too. Yep, that's right, Ernesto went over DC that day. It just seemed like a really long, hard, rain that lasted ALL DAY. At times the wind was insane, but it was off and on! Kyle kept asking to go swimming, and I kept saying, "NO, it's hurricane day." He now thinks that it was actually "Hurricane Day" just like mother's day or father's day...oh well...he'll eventually figure it out...it was years before I figured out the "Mission Field" wasn't really a field with people standing around in it. On Sunday morning, we woke up and decided to go on an overnight trip. It was very sudden and last minute, but with Kyle starting school on Tuesday, and with Troy's odd work schedule, it was our last chance without taking Troy out of work, or Kyle out of school. We decided to head down to Williamsburg, VA and Jamestown. Williamsburg was the first capital of Virginia, where Patrick Henry starting talking people into breaking away from Britain. Jamestown is where John Smith (yep, the Pocahontas guy) landed 13 years before the pilgrims landed on Plymouth Rock. (Quick History lesson...) The kids had a good time, and the weather was awesome! The weather threatened rain, but it never did, so we just had a nice cloudy cool day on Monday! I realized that the reason our kids (Kyle) were so horrible in New York, was because of the heat...go figure. I just realized that our camera is still in the car, and it's after midnight, so I'm being lazy and am not up for the 37 step trip to the car, so I'll post pics tomorrow! (Oh, my mom saw the steps, and they're much more awe inspiring in person...and I'm not exaggerating! :) More tomorrow...

0 comments: