Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Soccer...

Kyle had his first soccer game on Saturday. We thought he did pretty good! The kids played 20 minute halfs. (I thought that was WAY too long without breaks for little kids, but he hung in there...barely!) On Monday, he had his first practice (I know, backwards, but that's how it worked out with Labor Day). Troy and I were so impressed at his practice! He did so great! I know we're his parents and we should think that anyways, but last year, I was his coach, and Kyle was pretty much the team mascot! He just liked goofing off and running around...always near the ball, but never aggressive enough to get in the game. At practice on Monday, I would have to say he was probably the best kid on the team. He controlled the ball, stayed right with it, and was very aggressive. He was awesome! I couldn't believe it was Kyle! During the scrimmage, he was the only kid to score (well, technically it bounced off of the cone, so I don't know if it was an actual goal, but it was the only one that got that close!) So, I think we've got a star soccer player on our hands! YEA! Tuesday night, Troy took him to the park and practiced with him and Jake while Kristin played on the PINK slide. She was in heaven...she just kept saying, "the slide is pink!"

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Man, until today the last post of yours to show up on my computer was Colonial Williamsburg--and you've done lots since then. Crazy! Anyways, that's awesome about soccer. Arwen starts ballet today--I don't have any expectations--well that maybe she's the klutziest one there!! I love the picture of Jake upside down on the couch!! I sure miss that CUTE boy!

Bethany said...

That is so awesome Jen! We're starting Evan in a soccer class this Saturday. I can't wait to be a soccer mom!