Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Ultrasound

I got a FREE 4-D ultrasound yesterday. Apparently, if you schedule your 20 week ultrasound with this imaging center, they give you a free 4-D ultrasound at 28 weeks. So, we scheduled it and went to check it out. I didn't know what to expect. They gave us our photos on a disc. Here are a few...I will try to explain them to you...it kinda looks like we're having an alien baby! Hee Hee...


Okay, this is a picture of the side of her body. You can see her arm(center), the bottom of the picture is her bum, and then you can see her leg on the right. She's in the...well...fetal position...go figure...The big blob on the upper right corner is the placenta...not much to look at...


Okay, this is a little blurry, but it's a frontal shot of her face. Look close, you can see her eyes, nose and mouth. The blurry thing on her cheek, is her hand, but it's pretty blurry...


This is a profile shot of her face and side of her arm. Her face is at the top left. Her whole arm goes across the bottom of the picture. So, that's it. These were the 3 pics that turned out the best...so, if any of you are contemplating paying to have this done....here's what to expect. After getting it done, I don't think I would pay for it. It's always nice to have any ultrasound done when you're pregnant, just to make sure things are good! All's good, and YES, she's STILL a girl! That has been confirmed by at least 7 ultrasounds(My doc here does it at every appt)...so if they're wrong...the medical society has MAJOR problems! Oh, less than 10 weeks left til D-Day! (Delivery Day!)

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Pretty cool. You do an ultrasound at every appt? Crazy!! That's what my doc in Israel did too.

Jen said...

Funny, my doc probably is from Israel! :) Hee Hee...

laura said...

Amazing!! I can never tell if I want one of those or not- the 4D ultrasounds I mean. Sometimes the pictures make me nervous, but yours are very sweet. I love the one of her face.

Unknown said...

I might be crazy, but I think the one that is a picture of her face looks a lot like Kristin--I don't know--just the face structure reminds me of Kristin--probably just crazy though!!

Jen said...

Troy thought that too! Funny...I'm sure she will...everyone thinks Kyle and Jake are twins, so if that's any indication...

Bethany said...

During one of my ultrasounds with Dallin they just flipped it over to this 4-D stuff and it totally tripped me out. I didn't like it because it was too real and I felt like I wasn't suppose to see that. She's perfect!